JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The mysteries about Summertime

Lerkot

At the beginning of the song Summertime, i guess you heard it, it starts like this if you should trust the lyrics archive that is on the webbsite (www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com, i guess you noticed it):

"Here it is the groove slightly transformed"

But an active guy in this forum, writes this in his signature:

Here it is a groove slightly transformed

And in the Summertime video, is the glasses standing on the table empty or is it just me who thinks they look empty?

excuse me for this.. hmm... not very important questions but im making an swedish JJFP-site and i need this as curiosa

Edited by Lerkot

The lyric is "Here it is, a groove, slightly transformed..." He's talking about the track itself being different from anything else u'd hear in Hip-Hop. And i don't remember paying attention 2 any glasses in the video. Chances are they already drank out of them (Captin Obvious 2 the rescue!!).

The lyric is "Here it is, a groove, slightly transformed..." He's talking about the track itself being different from anything else u'd hear in Hip-Hop. And i don't remember paying attention 2 any glasses in the video. Chances are they already drank out of them (Captin Obvious 2 the rescue!!).

No that aint true. In the beginning of the video, the first time we see them sit down at the table, Jazz comes with two glasses and gives one to Will. Both look empty already from the beginning.