Will Smith Drops New Freestyle! Read more... ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lerkot

The mysteries about Summertime

At the beginning of the song Summertime, i guess you heard it, it starts like this if you should trust the lyrics archive that is on the webbsite (www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com, i guess you noticed it):

"Here it is the groove slightly transformed"

But an active guy in this forum, writes this in his signature:

Here it is a groove slightly transformed

And in the Summertime video, is the glasses standing on the table empty or is it just me who thinks they look empty?

excuse me for this.. hmm... not very important questions but im making an swedish JJFP-site and i need this as curiosa

Edited by Lerkot

I'm pretty sure it's "Here's a groove..." It wouldn't make sense to say "here's the groove.." I know it's that. And in my song, I said "Here it is, a '91 groove transformed..." cuz Summertime was 1991.

The lyric is "Here it is, a groove, slightly transformed..." He's talking about the track itself being different from anything else u'd hear in Hip-Hop. And i don't remember paying attention 2 any glasses in the video. Chances are they already drank out of them (Captin Obvious 2 the rescue!!).

I'm pretty sure it's "Here's a groove..." It wouldn't make sense to say "here's the groove.." I know it's that. And in my song, I said "Here it is, a '91 groove transformed..." cuz Summertime was 1991.

Sorry. It was at night when I listened to the video. Sorry Lerkot.

The lyric is "Here it is, a groove, slightly transformed..." He's talking about the track itself being different from anything else u'd hear in Hip-Hop. And i don't remember paying attention 2 any glasses in the video. Chances are they already drank out of them (Captin Obvious 2 the rescue!!).

No that aint true. In the beginning of the video, the first time we see them sit down at the table, Jazz comes with two glasses and gives one to Will. Both look empty already from the beginning.

Yeah, where's my head at? :kekeke: And I just listened to the song yesterday morning. I'm such an ashamed fan now. :speechless:

Every JJFP song I ever heard is Great.