JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ready Rock C - when?

Lerkot

I can't agree. Since they were friends b4 the group, i still think they should have handled it differently. They were young tho'...so somtimes things fall apart like that. Saying that beatboxing waz getting a lil' played out is a stupid excuse cuz FP for the most part has always made music the same way he did back then. DJ's are totally ignored these days, but he always has Jeff and other DJs scratching on his trax. Ready Rock C should have settled outta court for that mess (if not talking things instead of going 2 lawyers). 2 me, there is wrong on both sides. But it's old and it's between them...it's not really our bizness at all.

It was at an award show in 89 or 88 when FP won a grammy. He didn't want to recieve the grammy with Ready Rock, he wanted him to keep seated, while he and Jeff take the grammy.

After that he said him that theres no future for beatboxing and that he will go on without him.

You can read the story on ready Rocks Homepage, i think.

JJFP Rocks The House

Don't get things twisted...keep in mind u are reading the side of the story. Ready Rock C is very sensitive about the situation. I've talked 2 MANY people who have worked with FP (including DJ Jazzy Jeff and A Touch of Jazz producers who did alot of work on Big Willie Style and Willennium) and they all say FP is the perfect example of what u see is what u get. When u hear him in his music or see him in an interview, u are getting the same person u would get if u met him face 2 face. Think about it, if he waz frontin' his career would have fallen apart years ago. It's just one of those things that happened YEARS ago. They were young and still growing up. There's no reason 2 go back 2 that time and talk about a yucky situation like that.

The group went 3 ways and they all carried an equal amount. Aside from being the beatbox of the group, he co-wrote some of the songs, he waz a dancer, and kinda even a hype man. Ready Rock C put in crazy work and is one of the most overylooked and underrated people in old skool Hip-Hop history. People down with Hip-Hop back then know how important he is 2 pioneering the music.