JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Bad Girls"

Hero1

• Admin
Pinkett Smith isn't finished with action films. She and Queen Latifah plan to play female cops in an action comedy — working title Bad Girls— that she calls "basically a spinoff of Bad Boys." Asked whether she thought her husband, Will Smith, had too much fun making two Bad Boys movies, she says, "I just felt like I know two chicks who could do it better."

If it's like "Set It Off", it'll be a classic! :rock:

I want Queen Latifah 2 focus on music again...and what is this all about anyways? People can't think of anything original these days so they copy other movies?! Bad Boys is a classic, and "Bad Girls" might poke fun and ruin the authenticity of Bad Boys. Edited by WildWildWillennium

I think that the thing with rappers in the acting business has gotten too much out of hand, as a result there's more hype put into movies than there is from music. Like Will, Queen Latifah gets put down 'cause her music is more positive than what the other female M.C.'s like Lil' Kim and Trina are potraying wit their sexuality! Now Missy Elliot's starting to act in movies like "Honey" and that's a joke! :cussing: I think that Queen Latifah has to focus more on her rappin' and work wit Naughty By Nature again, to keep holdin' it down for Dirty Jers',Holla Edited by bigted

[quote=bigted,Apr 9 2004, 08:30 PM]I think that the thing with rappers in the acting business has gotten too much out of hand, as a result there's more hype put into movies than there is from music. Like Will, Queen Latifah gets put down 'cause her music is more positive than what the other female M.C.'s like Lil' Kim and Trina are potraying wit their sexuality! Now Missy Elliot's starting to act in movies like "Honey" and that's a joke! :cussing: I think that Queen Latifah has to focus more on her rappin' and work wit Naughty By Nature again, to keep holdin' it down for Dirty Jers',Holla[/quote]
I kinda agree but i also don't. People FP and Latifah are legends...they can't just stay in one place and play themselves out. After all, each of their latest albums had less-than-impressives sales. The movie they make aren't low-budget hood flicks that most emcees get stuck doing. They have creative AND business minds. When albums like Born To Reign and Order In The Court don't make alot of noise, they need 2 take a break and regroup musically. What better way 2 keep their name out there and make money other than doing movies and producing stuff.

And i'm totally going 2 Missy's defense. I think Honey waz a dope movie and i think her cameos were hilarious. Oh yeah...and Queen Latifah has still got it, u need 2 hear the 2 new trax on her greatest hits album....both of them are dope.