JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Big House

Anyone hear about this show? It's on ABC. I haven't seen it. But I caught the plot on the radio. Tell me if it reminds you of something.

"[i]Standup comic Kevin Hart stars in The Big House, an all-new half-hour comedy loosely based on his own family in his hometown of Philadelphia.

Hart plays Kevin, a spoiled rich kid from Malibu who has it all ? until his wealthy money-manager dad is arrested for embezzling millions of his clients' dollars. His family's house is put on the block and his dreams of attending an expensive college are dashed. Where's a guy with no money and even fewer prospects to go? To The Big House, aka the privacy-challenged Philadelphia home of the Clevelands, an aunt, uncle and three cousins whom Kevin hasn't seen since he was a kid. Kevin is forced to start life again at the bottom, literally, when he moves into their basement.[/i]"

Reminds me of a show I would watch during the days when I was shooting some b-ball outside of the school. Only a little backwards.

I'm not mad at the producers or anything. I haven't seen the show, so I don't know if it's any good. Just thought it was something the people here might get a laught at.

God Blessa! Edited by djsilvertiger

[quote=FrshPrnceCharmng,Apr 7 2004, 10:47 PM]if you're gonna steal might as well steal from the best right?[/quote]
Yeah! :biggrin:

I saw the series premiere not long ago, and I kept mentioning 2 myself that it resembles FPOBA from the plot down 2 the characters. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Like Will, Kevin also has an aunt, uncle and three cousins...come on...haha.