JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NUTTIN TO DO W WILL, BUT..

Even though they lost tonight, the Devils showed more heart to win, so I'mma keep hope up that the Devils will find a way! Peace!

[quote=bigted,Apr 10 2004, 08:28 PM]Even though they lost tonight, the Devils showed more heart to win, so I'mma keep hope up that the Devils will find a way! Peace![/quote]
Burns is an idiot. He replaces Kozlov with Larionov??? Larionov has a lesser size and he sucks! He's 43 years old and cant play for his life. He assisted on the Flyers second goal. :cussing:

I don't know what to think now. Marty has been off and he lets up week goals. Langenbrunner and Friesen are invisible now and have been all year. :werd:

Unless a miracle happens (like Langs and Friesen actually scoring or Stevens coming back), I really doubt that Devils will win the series. Its too ugly right now. :tear:

Hey Jim I guess you were right, but I wonder why the Devils keep firing their coaches every time they don't win the Stanley Cup, at least they make the playoffs every year unlike the NY Rangers! Being a coach is a crappy job 'cause they always get fired when it's the players that screw up. I thought the Bulls shouldn't have fired Bill Cartwright,'cause the Bulls were losing not because he's a crappy coach, but their legendary player Scottie Pippen was on the injured list for most of this season. Bill was the only center on the Bulls that I truely respected because he was a tough guy wit a lot of heart, I liked Robert Parish too but he was too old to play when he was with Bulls. Even the Nets, who I don't like much, dogged out Byron Scott, who took 'em to their only NBA Finals in team history. The Nets won't go to the Finals even if they beat the Knicks in the 1st round because Byron has a lot of heart.

Yup man.

Pat Burns will not be fired. I know a lot of Devils fans are saying that now but he won't be. It wasn't his fault the Devils didn't do good. It all started when Stevens got injured. Then add in the fact that Langenbrunner and Friesen and the rest of the offense basically quit and didn't score. Only the Elias - Gomez and Gionta line did most of the work. I admit though, Burns didn't make great lines. He changed them virtually every game and I was pissed at this but now I understand that it's because he probably was despretly trying to find chemistry within his offense because they never scored. Lou tried to get scoring by accquiring Viktor Kozlov and Jan Hrdina but Kozlov had a mild concussion during the season when he was with Florida and Hrdina was one of the few players who came through in the playoffs. Madden and his line wasn't a big defensive factor as him and Pandolfo had very long scoring droughts just like most of the offense. Plus I think in late December, Marty got hurt somehow and has been hiding an injury which is why he only got 1 of his 11 shutouts this season in 2004. And thats probably why he wasn't the big factor for the Devils vs. the Flyers. Come to think of it, injurys killed us. Stevenson had a groin injury in the beginning of the year, then Marshall had back problems all season long but played through them which hurt his game. Of course Stevens had post concussion syndrome, and Marty had that "secret" injury. Rafalski also had an injured leg in March. Wow.

Our defense wasn't great either. Niedermayer is probably the team MVP because of all the hard work he's been doing. Not saying the defense don't work hard, but they aren't as good as Nieds. Having Hale and Martin who are two rookies and Sean Brown who is really a no-namer who played on Boston as a free agent, you can't expect them to replace a Ken Daneyko and Oleg Tverdowsky. Lou should have been smart and got a veteran defense like resigning Vladimir Malakov from the Rangers who could've helped us out.

Don't know if you watched the game on Saturday but the ESPN announcers such as Steve Levy were so biased towards the Devils. Kept on saying how its "the end of an era". Guess again jackass. :cussing: It's not. Devils need to make big changes this summer and by next year, they'll be back in the hunt for the Stanley Cup. It's just depressing though knowing that the Devils "defense of the Cup" is over - in the first round. I hope theres a season next year and I hope they get this whole Collective Bargaining Agreement settled between the league and the players asscioation.

Right now I'm rooting for Tampa Bay and San Jose Sharks for the playoffs. And anyone who plays the Flyers. :biggrin:

----------------------

Wow I wrote alot. lol. Just my thoughts.

well, Burns has colon cancer..best of luck to him..and go sharks..lol..rough loss to the flyers..stevesn should b back next yr..and burns did mess up, benching kozlov..we needed his size to create some traffic in front of esche, who played well, but let's face it, is this year's version of J S Gigueire. Oh well, if there is a season next yr, the devs should be back in it..LETS GO DEVS