JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FAN_3

JumpinJack AJ

Those of u who picked up the Sharktale soundtrack will remember Fan_3 for her crazy, uptempo, energy-infested Hip-Hop joint "Digits." It kinda has that Young MC/Tone Loc meets Monie Love/Left Eye old skool/new skool feel.

Fan_3 just dropped her 1st single "Geek Love." After hearing "Digits," i didn't hesitate 2 pick it up (besides, it waz only $1.88). The song is hilarious. The production has this steady tempo that kinda reminds me of mid-90's A Tribe Called Quest/Pharsyde type stuff mixed in with a dash of other musical genres. There's a DJ cutting and then it'll jump 2 a harmonica riff. And her lyrics are hilarious. She has got 2 be influenced by Fresh Prince, Slick Rick, Biz Markie, Young MC, and Monie Love type artist fromt he days of old. The song is about her being in love with a nerdy guy from her skool. Here's some of the lyrics that made me laff...

..."the first boy i've known to get straight A's

and appear in everyone of my school plays

Motzar blastin from his Volvo

and there's tape on his glasses, in charge of hall passes"...

CHORUS

I wouldn't call him fly / suspenders and a bow tie

i wouldn't call him the man / but he can still hang with Fan

..."so even tho' you see his socks when he walks

and his pants are so tight, circulations cut off

i think i should give him a chance

and ignore his metal braces and tight pants"...

..."my friends just don't understand cuz he's not the man

they try to act hard now, pretend like they floss

we'll see who's laughin' when my geek is their boss"

On the single, it has a bio and video by Fan_3. The BIO totally shows u who she is. It starts off with her saying "A white rapper from the Valley...who wouldn't wanna sign that?!" The same comedy and sarcasm in her music is in this inverview. She talks about being the 1st rapper 2 come totally from a suburban area, be influenced from Hip-Hop, and totally be herself. She talks about how Rap isn't an under thing anymore and that she is a product of that. She talks about being 16, being in skool and how she expects the album 2 do well cuz she's offering something different. She also says her name "Fan_3" comes from being a fan of groups that happens 2 always be trios, like TLC, Salt-N-Pepa, Destiny's Child, Blink 182, etc.

Others may clown me 4 saying this, but Fan_3 is one of the most fun and honest Hip-Hop artists 2 come out in years. Sure, she's a 16 year old white girl from the suburbs, but most commercial artists aren't offering any food 4 thought or honestly in their music. Anyone interested in non-explict Hip-Hop and comidic lyrics, check out Fan_3.

I havn't checked her website since it waz under construction so i don't know what's there, but here's the link 2 her site...

www.fan3.net

Move out the way G-Unit, Fan_3 is gonna kick your phoney pansy butts outta the way.

Sounds like an interesting artist. You gotta bring some comedy back to the Hip-Hop world.

Although i don't think they'll last cos the novelty will wear off there is a group from the UK called Goldie Lookin Chain who people here mite fine funny if a little crude.

Talk about comedy.

Her album is dropping early 2005. I wish her tons of success but it's gonna be interesting 2 see what happens. She's not the kinda artist 2 get respect from people who listen 2 only crappy commercial stuff. She's young, white, and from LA, so regular Hip-Hop heads will find it hard 2 even give her a chance. And she's way 2 Hip-Hop for pop radio...but since her music is accessable 2 pop audiences...i'll keep my fingures crossed.

No, her song isn't anything like Kelly Rowand's song. That song waz really serious...Fan_3's stuff is creative but really fun. There is a snippet of a more serious song on her single. It's about a family falling apart. It kinda reminds me of Eminem b4 he lost all this talent and dash of Pink. I really don't expect 2 many people on this board 2 like her...but i know some of u will. The stuff i've heard so far reminds me of Hip-Hop back when it waz alot of fun and creative. Back b4 u could spit any wack freestyle verse about nothing and and put it with 2 over wack verses and call it a song. There's all kinds of storytelling and fantasy stuff from the old skool mixed in her music and her overall message is not 2 be afraid 2 be u. Cuz what she is doing is alot bolder than anybody else is.

Hey I never heard of any white female rapper before, it'll be interesting to see how she does but if she has talent and creativity, hip-hop heads'll give props 'cause that's what's lacking most in the game now, I don't care what the rapper looks like or where he or she's from, I just wanna hear some dope tracks! :dj: The more diversity in the game the better, a lot of rappers front like they're drug dealers and in gangs in their songs but that doesn't mean that all are doing that, they just front and don't keep it real to themselves, if Fan_3 keeps it true to herself and display skills then she'll be in the game for a long time! :thumb:

Yeah, there's not 2 many white female rappers out there. Back in the mid-90's, i remember that there waz a female rap duo (one of them waz black and one of them waz white). Other than that, there waz a female white rapper from 2003 called Saria or something like that. I heard one song by her and didn't really like it or hate it. I know Timbaland produced a track on it. Fan_3 however is like nothing i've ever heard.