JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

It started like any other day...

Silver Tiger

Let me start by saying that I would be much happier if none of this had happened.

So, I was in wood shop today. Making a hole for a wheel on the drill press. Before I brought it down I had a feeling something bad was going to happen to me. But I was doing everything right so I went on. I brought it down, very quickly the drill bit got stuck in the wood. I quickly forsaw a problem. I reached for the stop button, but I wasn't quick enough. The steel bit broke and hit my left hand at the speed of light, only faster. I heard it land. The way my hand felt, I thought I got off lucky. But I was smart enough to check anyway. My own bone and my bloody, broken hand stared back at me.

So I go to the school nurse and two of them are very nice and wrap me up. My mom comes from work and we go to the hospital. Hours we spent there. I had to get stitches. When they gave me the pain killer it hurt worse than the stitches. Stitches in the hand and fingers is the worst because there are so many nerves in there. I'm typing with one hand.

Long story short, I ended up with a broken thumb (as well as the nail), 10 stitches, extreme pain, this thing on my hand, and even more pain. I'm grateful that worse damage didn't occur, but I would obviously prefer none.

What sucks is now I don't have a chance to get hired at Best Buy (I applied yesterday)...

So, how was your day?

God Blessa!

Thank God that you are ok,...and it was not any more severe than that. I know the pain oh too well... I hope you get thru the pain quickly, as it throbs for the next day or so...then the pain should ease up abit...

glad ur ok...

peace,

cookie

Sorry 2 hear about that. Just be thankful that something worse didn't happen. Just take care of yourself and it'll be healing and feeling better b4 u know it.

If it makes u feel any better, i slammed my finger on a drawer 2day which had me in extreem pain and bleeding in 2 different places. Of course my co-worker is laughing at me cuz pain is often very funny. My best way of controling the pain waz biting my lip and punching the closest padded stool. Of course, when in that much pain i didn't think and waz hitting it with the same hand i just hurt.

i feel your pain, i broke my finger about a week ago. It was funny tho coz i trapped it in the door and it didnt hurt ( apparently i squashed my nerves). I was stuck in the door for a bit and when i pulled my finger out the nail was snapped and a lot of my skin was hanging off. Luckily i was at work (a vets) so i got first aid from the vets, then i nearly fainted bcoz i thought i was gonna lose my finger.

I then went to hospitial to find i had chipped the end of bone off, but i didnt need stiches, so mine isnt as bad as yours sounds.

Bone healing takes about 6 weeks btw, and a word of advice, never ever think its healed quite well and take bandages off (even when the hospital says its ok), that just results in a lot of pain when u knock it.

How weird tho that 3 of us have injured our fingers/thumbs. I advise every1 else to beware of doors, drawers and drill presses.

Get better soon tho!!! :thumb:

Thanks all,

and sorry about that reign. Too much fun here huh.

Anyway, the teacher said that if it had been my fault, the whole class would have had to review safety rules. He said he never saw anything like that happen before. I had to retell the story a lot as well. Anyway, I feel okay right now, but that's probably just the painkillers.

Thanks again all.

God Blessa!