JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

cool story about JJ+FP and my dad's friend

one day my dad's friend was givine me a ride to my place and he asked me what I was listening to and I said Will smith and please note that this guy listens to mainly classical and 20s and 30s jazz and swing songs. he then said that he was amazed that kids still listen to him and he said that back in 88 he got the LP of He's the DJ I'm the rapper!!!!

it is pretty amazing to hear that a guy from the baby-boom years (1946-1954) would buy a JJ+FP album!!!

He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper is one of those albums that, in the early days of Hip-Hop, would attract people who typically wouldn't listen 2 Hip-Hop....something Will's has continued 2 do 2 this day.

a little bit off topic, but i was at a club last night and i was on the dancefloor and there must have been ppl that where 18- 30, the DJ put Boom shake the room on, the whole dance floor came alive, and loads of ppl new the dance from the video. i was like wow this is so cool. Ppl were singing along and new all the words, ten years ago and that song still makes a dance floor go wild. :dancingcool:

Yeh Boom Shake The Room was stupidly popular in the UK, and near enuf all student clubs i go too play it and people still love it.

You'd be surprised about how just about everybody heard of JJFP, even those who don't normally listen to rap. I knew a lot of kids in my high school who liked to listen to only rock music mentioned how they liked JJFP! They crossed barriers of many different types of people when they came out and they continue on in the '04! :peace:

Stuoidly Popular really meaning how amazing huge it was here and still is.

Im Looking For The One wasn't really a big hit, infact other than Summertime and Will's solo stuff, nothing i don't think by JJ+FP made the top 20 chart.

The UK chart is really well respected by Big Artists all over the world because it is 100% based on record sales alone, for your guaranteed to know what really is hot or not with the people

[quote=DevilsJim89,Apr 3 2004, 06:31 PM]haha thats really cool...

Everyone bought He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper...first ever hip-hop double LP and first rap record to go double platinum. It was a HOT record.[/quote]
He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper actually was certified Triple Platinum but that wasn't until 1995. - Just a little fact. :biggrin:

• Admin
boom was the same here in australia..no. 1 and hugely popular.. they still play it at the basketball..and it shows up on adds n stuff.. and every1 knows the lyrics..throw it on at a club and everyone loves it... actually when jeff toured here..on the adds it had "boom shake shake shake the room!" on em :kekeke: :kekeke:

[quote=Hero1,Apr 5 2004, 01:42 AM]boom was the same here in australia..no. 1 and hugely popular.. they still play it at the basketball..and it shows up on adds n stuff.. and every1 knows the lyrics..throw it on at a club and everyone loves it... actually when jeff toured here..on the adds it had "boom shake shake shake the room!" on em :kekeke: :kekeke:[/quote]
haha man all these countrys are holdin' it down still for JJFP....why isn't the US the same? damnit.. :werd: