JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Releases "The Greatest of All Time"

Straight from Jackin4Beats.com - Hip Hop Nation

Movie Star/Rapper Will Smith is breaking new ground by releasing a 15 disc Box Set that includes all of his greatest movies and his top selling albums. The Collection is called 'The Greatest of All Time :Volume 1' and includes the following:

Men In Black DVD,
the Men In Black Soundtrack,
Men In Black 2 DVD,
the Men In Black 2 Soundtrack,
Bad Boys DVD,
the Bad Boys Soundtrack,
Bad Boys 2 DVD,
the Bad Boys 2 Sound track,
Wild Wild West DVD,
the Wild Wild West Soundtrack,
Ali DVD,
the Ali Soundtrack,
and first episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, along with the Fresh Prince theme song on a CD single,
plus a sneak preview of his upcoming movie, I-Robot.
There will be a bonus disc of never released Duets featuring Will Smith and Notorious BIG, Tupac, Jam Master Jay, and Funkmaster Flex.
The Box set will hit the streets today for $149.99
Jazzy Jeff was not available for comment.

--------
Is this 4 real?! Edited by WildWildWillennium

That would be cool...i would totally go out and get that JUST 4 that CD with unreleased trax. However, this dosen't make ANY sense. Will himself didn't like Wild Wild West much, why would he choose it as part of a "Greatest of All Time" box set when he has other movies like ID4 and Six Degrees that he could tack on as a part of it. The MIB, WWW, and BB soundtracks were the only soundtracks that had great success...why would he be putting the Ali and MIB2 soundtrack as a part of it. We are also talking about Will here, he dosen't like 2 mix his music with his acting. And that duet album...there waz only ever rumors of Will doing a track 4 one of B.I.G.'s album...where did the Funkmaster Flex, Jam Master Jay, and 2Pac collaborations come from!?!?!?!? It's also strange that Funkmaster Flex is the only person they mentioned that waz still alive. Also, since Will wazn't recording thru' out 1995 and 1996, it means Will waz recording vocals 4 those 2pac, B.I.G. trax AFTER they were both murdered. Another thing 2 think about, by releasing this, do u know how much paper work would have 2 be done 2 put all this copywritten stuff 2gether that has 4 the most part been done by totally different companies. Another thing that seems shady is the price....$150!!?!?!?! Usually 6-DVD sets go 4 that much...it says this a 15 peice deal, the price seems 2 low 2 me.

Also, where's the release date? Where's the promotion? I'd love this 2 be true...but it seems rediculous.

Oh yeah, and why would it end with "Jazzy Jeff was unavailable for comment"...it dosen't mention Jeff at all and what would he have 2 say about it...ha ha.

They could of put unrealeased verses of Biggie and 2Pac on the album that weren't intended to be collaborated wit Will but just for the hell of it. Just like 2pac didn't make a collaboration with Eminem on the 2pac Resurrection soundtrack'cause Eminem was still an underground m.c. back in '96, so 2Pac didn't even know him. I could believe that a collabo wit JMJ is legit 'cause JJFP toured with Run-Dmc back in the '80s!

This is not true for a few reasons:

1 - Why would Will release WWW? It was not a blockbuster hit. If Will was releasing this box set, he would have released Enemy Of The State.

2 - Will does not have a song on the Bad Boys, Ali & BB2 soundtracks. It would make no sense for him to put these CDs on the 15 box set because he has nothing to do with them. He had no artistic control over those soundtracks.

3 - Will can't release "previously unreleased" tracks. Only the record company can release those type of tracks and since Will is no longer affiliated with Columbia, there is no reason for Columbia to release these tracks.

4 - The track that Will did with Biggie is under the control of Bad Boy Entertainment/Arista Records. You basically need an act of Congress to get tracks from other labels released.