JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DevilsJim cuts record with jazzy jeff !

From MTV.com
--------------------

- Rapper/Actor devilsjim89 has told MTV.com that he is currently planning to release his brand new album this July. Jim says that he spent the last month and a half in his hometown of Philadelphia. The album will be released off the A Touch Of Jazz recording label. The label that is owned and operated , DJ Jazzy Jeff.

"I'm taking it back this time. From this point on it's gonna be me and Jeff, two turntables and a mic" - says Jim.

MTV.com was able to get in contact with DJ Jazzy Jeff to hear Jeff's comments about it.

"It's really dope. I've been naging Jim's tail for the last 2 years to take it back to the ol-skool way. We spent some time down in my studio recording and writing tracks. " - says DJ Jazzy Jeff

"I really hate Columbia. " - says Jim. "I now have the creative freedom to do whatever I want and with the people I want to work with. Jeff's company allows that which is great. My music career will now be seperated from my movie career. "

Jim 15, and Townes 39, says that they do not believe they are too old for the music industry. They still believe they can top the charts one more time.

"You are never too old for music. " - says Townes. "As long as you still have the heart and desire to write and record, it never gets old."

Expect the new Jazzy Jeff & devilsjim album to drop this July. Stay tuned to MTV.com for the latest details.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, this is great news. Finally this July we'll be able to hear new material from JJFP. Hell yeah! :dj: :peace: :dancingcool:

----------------------------

oh yeah.....[b]HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY! :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :rofl: :kekeke: :kekeke: [/b]

That is freakin' wrong!! I seriously wanna drive up 2 your crib and egg it. Yo Tim!! Delete this garbage b4 other people get crazy hyped then disappointed. It started sounded fake to me when that "Will comment" saying "It's great to finally be off Columbia" popped up....Will wouldn't say anything negative like that in the press.

• Admin
[quote=WildWildWillennium,Apr 2 2004, 03:55 PM]:rofl: I thought it waz funny! It waz posted last night, which waz still April 1st. I found that pretty funny Jim...and apparently it worked, cuz people fell 4 it! (Including me)[/quote]
it may be funny for you guys... but when you've been waiting for a jjfp album for 11 years you dont wanna be played like that april fools joke or not

[quote=Hero1,Apr 2 2004, 10:47 PM]it may be funny for you guys... but when you've been waiting for a jjfp album for 11 years you dont wanna be played like that april fools joke or not[/quote]
I waz so happy when i started reading cuz of the whole mtv.com source thing...i waz smiling with my jaw dropped (trust me, it's not very comfortable). However, when i got 2 the middle, i waz thinkin' this is just 2 good 2 be true and the reference 2 Columbia seems 2 fake. My heart sunk...u totally had me 4 a minute...which actually made me mad even tho' it waz just a joke.