JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will turned down miami vice

Hero1

• Admin

Smith Rejected Role In Miami Vice

October 23, 2004 - World Entertainment News Network

Jamie Foxx has Will Smith to thank for his role in the upcoming movie version of Miami Vice - because the Ali star turned it down.

Irish actor Colin Farrell recently landed the role of Detective James 'sonny' Crocket - made famous by Don Johnson in the original show - with Foxx playing Detective Ricardo Tubbs, originally portrayed by Philip Michael Thomas.

But Smith admits that he was offered the chance to star in the Michael Mann project, but declined.

He says, "(We) discussed it, but it feels like kind of (too close to) Bad Boys, because I played a vice detective in Miami already."

The update of the 1980s TV series, which will be set in 2008, is expected to begin production early next year.

http://www.teenhollywood.com/d.asp?r=82175&cat=1027

great decision will!! :werd:

I never watched Miami Vice so i could care less that he turned it down. I wonder if FP pointed him towards Jamie Foxx. Jamie is blowing up but since him and FP are close, maybe he suggested him.

ya, I'm also glad that Will turned the role down, because I wasn't a huge fan of Miami Vice, or Don JOhnson. I think that LL Cool J would be a good candidate for the part, if Jamie isn't considered or asked 2 do it...

Thanks 4 the article...

peace,

cookie

Am I the only one who thinks this movie would have been excellant with Will ? It's not like he would get type cast..

Who said Will's nowhere near Colin ? As an Actor he's pretty much of equal hollywood'ness (you all know what that is..) minus a sitcom.

I think Colin and Foxx will do it well though. Jamie is an excellant actor.

• 2 years later...