JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rest in Peace Kobe Bryant

MaxFly

This tragedy feels incredibly surreal. Kobe was a basketball icon... the ultimate competitor... an ambassador of the game. It is shocking to see him pass in the prime of his post NBA career. He had a number of post-NBA business ventures, charities and mentor relationships that built on the amazing legacy of his NBA career. He was a giant who will be missed. And to hear that his 13 year old daughter, who he was mentoring, whose basketball team he was coaching, and who had dreams of making it to the WNBA, died as well is especially heartbreaking. My heart goes out to his wife Vanessa and his three surviving daughters... one of whom is only a few months old. I can't begin to imagine the kind of pain they are in, but I hope that in the coming days, weeks and months, they are surrounded by the love of friends, family and loved ones who will make the pain and the burden of their loss if only a little more bearable. 

His parents and sisters are in my prayers as well. You never expect to see your child or sibling lose their life at such an early age and in such an unexpected fashion. I hope they are comforted and are able to comfort each other during what has to be an unbelievably difficult time.

I'm also praying for the families of the pilot and other individuals who died in the crash. Life is fleeting... it's a vapor... but I hope they are able to find comfort in the outpouring of love and support from their friends, extended families and communities.

Basketball legend Kobe Bryant and one of his daughters were among nine people killed Sunday morning when a helicopter crashed into a hillside in Calabasas, California, sources and officials said.

Bryant, 41, and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna Maria Onore Bryant had been expected at the Mamba Sports Academy in Thousand Oaks for a basketball game scheduled for Sunday. Gianna was expected to play in the game and Bryant was expected to coach, according to Lady Mavericks team director Evelyn Morales.

The helicopter crash, about 30 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles, caused a brush fire, Los Angeles County Fire Department Chief Daryl Osby said. The crash killed all nine people aboard, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said.

Like Chuck d said when james Brown died time is God I haven't been this devasted since my pops died 4 years ago almost kobe Bryant was like a long lost brother God bless...