JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Song of the day appreciation thread 2020

bigted

Aj posted about posting a song a day on Facebook well I figured to do it here to get us talking about music again we need something to get jjfp to revive hip hop in 2020...

Well my appreciation goes out to James Brown let's make Christmas mean something this year and jjfp ain't no place like home I play these so much all year jb loved the holiday so much he went to heaven on Christmas God bless

The song for today is 'll cool j featuring wyclef Jean me President such a well written song one of lls all time best to me since it's so relevant to life it should be viral on YouTube I wish that the millions of fans that listen to commercial rap would give albums like exit 13 a listen to learn about real hip hop

Since I discovered that mc hammers family affair album leaked on YouTube im giving props to the song on it called big man it's a shame people don't give credit to his storytelling abilities that's why I consider him an all time great no matter who hates on him people write him off for his pop stuff but to me his lesser known stuff is brilliant true hip hop!!!

Today with all the world's events it's fitting to mention wyclef jeans war no more song from the underappreciated masquerade album which to me was better than the carnival we need trump and call the war hungry leaders to hear this in 2020

Edited by bigted

...everybody feel free to post favorite songs

Since today is Sunday I'm gonna share some of my favorite upbeat gospel songs of the 2010s I've been growing more spiritually over the last decade so I've been listening more to gospel music the three  songs I mention have been staples for me in my walk with God the songs are Kirk Franklin smile Mary Mary walking Donnie mcclurkin victorious and Yolanda adams golden, have a great day jjfp fam...

I want to give props to my favorite song from the bad boys soundtrack which is so many ways by Warren g it's strictly brilliant

We're officially a week in the new year where is everyone?? I'm curious to know what you're listening to btw aj posted Marvin Gaye on Facebook so I gotta give love to what's going on which is the greatest song/album ever every world leader should listen it'd like a musical bible

In this moment in refusal to judge since we're all himan on r Kelly's birthday I pray that he'll repent of his sins and find peace since his music touched so many in nearly three decades on his birthday today he's on my mind his song the storm is over now helped me in my darkest time so I'm always thankful for that

Come on jjfp peeps feedback!!??? Well...my choice today is wide as the sky by gospel singer Isabel Davis gospel music is currently miles ahead of today's hip hop...

I'm sharing my favorite collaboration in hip hop history by the late great Craig Mack rip the flavor in your ear remix featuring biggie, puffy, ll , busta, and rampage Craig Mack s first album needs to be mentioned in the same breath as nas illmatic as an all time great