JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"The Time Freddy Krueger Became a Nightmare for Will Smith"

Lerkot

http://mentalfloss.com/article/505609/time-freddy-krueger-became-nightmare-will-smith

“It is in this month that many individuals will make their decision whether Nightmare IV is a film that they are interested in viewing,” wrote Ward in his decision. “Thus, the telecast of the lower quality DJ Jazzy Jeff video with the somewhat silly and less frightening Freddy could dissuade an unspecified number of individuals from seeing the film.” The injunction was granted, with a full hearing to be held at a later date.

That didn’t happen—both parties settled out of court. While the song remained on the record, it began to ship with a disclaimer that it wasn’t associated with New Line; the video, which had aired only briefly on MTV, was pulled, and the court ordered that all copies be destroyed."

Nothing new I guess but the last line is interesting because that would mean that its still not "safe" to release the video even if someone got a copy of it (which we certainly do believe, right?) as it was not only pulled but ordered destroyed.

I still have a feeling we'll see it one day... remember how it took many years before the "The Things That U Do" video resurfaced?

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2018 at 4:27 PM, Nancy Thompson said:

Happy halloween!

Excellent, dear Nancy! Now on to some Reddit comments...

"

Something is fishy here. The “VHS”/old tape artifacts are completely faked on this video. Video tape audio is fm modulated and doesn’t hiss until the tape gets nearly unwatchable. Likewise tracking problems do not introduce issues with vertical hold. Problems that do occur on poorly preserved consumer tape such as wah and flutter and loss of tracking are not present and inconsistent with the chroma errors that are seen.

This recording was sourced from a very high quality master and then artificially degraded. I have seen much better fake tape effects in vaporwave videos. The question is why?

Edit: omg the two second golden girls cut is just flies on this steaming pile of ****"

"The beginning title has tape hiss and the same crappy editing over it, but obviously the video didn't air on tv that way with that long title card. If it was a home recording from MTV it would have the typical credits overlay over the beginning and end of the video in the bottom left corner. If the blue title screen was part of the production copy, you'd think they would have deleted that before releasing it to the public if the editing job was an effort to cover up the source material. Whole thing makes no sense."

"I work for a company that digitizes VHS tapes (amongst other things) and I thought the tracking issues looked forced rather than authentic. On old VHS tapes with bad tracking the picture quality is way worse than this and way more glitchy looking. I don't think I'm adequately describing what it looks like but having watched thousands of hours of old VHS tapes I can tell you it doesn't ever look like this."

So mr Townes/Smith/lawyer of Smith or Townes, couldnt you maybe leak... the other version... to someone in here, like Hero1?

Regardless: THANK YOU VERY MUCH! We have been looking for years!