JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Gives His Thoughts on Drake, Kanye West, and Meek Mill in Rare Interview

Ale

Where's everyone else's thoughts on this interview? I got much more thoughts but I prefer to hear from others first..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I like this more real Will Smith who says what he thinks. Political correctness is what is ruining society. I like originality. I dont care if you hate or love something or someone, I prefer to hear it from you instead of hearing just a simple lie that is going to sound good for everyone.

Even when I do not agree much with a lot of cursing on records, I do think that at times it makes a point, like on the song "tell me why", the bleeping of the word made no sense. At that moment an F word was completely needed.

I do like how the interview spent time talking about the early jjfp d ays

Can we please move on from the whole cursing subject? It's really not even an issue for me. Just let it go. He's not changing who he is lyrically by cursing. I understand where he's coming from. 

He discussed some interesting subjects. Especially about He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper. However, Will has a tendency whether its on purpose or not, to totally avoid the question and talk about something so off-base. He was asked about a roadmap for a new album and what's next - and he started talking about Kanye and the Medici family and people around their structure and blah blah blah ...like just give us some insight! Obviously, music is super personal to him and he's a little timid still about people liking his music.

5 hours ago, DevilsJim89 said:

Can we please move on from the whole cursing subject? It's really not even an issue for me. Just let it go. He's not changing who he is lyrically by cursing. I understand where he's coming from. 

He discussed some interesting subjects. Especially about He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper. However, Will has a tendency whether its on purpose or not, to totally avoid the question and talk about something so off-base. He was asked about a roadmap for a new album and what's next - and he started talking about Kanye and the Medici family and people around their structure and blah blah blah ...like just give us some insight! Obviously, music is super personal to him and he's a little timid still about people liking his music.

Well cursing doesn't personally bother me but unfortunately like I said a big portion of his fan base view him as family-friendly and it's gonna be a risk to his image.. Btw yes I thought he dragged out parts of this interview I wasn't feeling that ei ther....