JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Gives His Thoughts on Drake, Kanye West, and Meek Mill in Rare Interview

Ale

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Smith admits he’s now allowing himself the space to lean into his authenticity (or, in his words, “I’m granting myself the freedom to not give a **** when I don’t give a ****"). Part of that sounds like it's in the music he’s cooking up. It’s still an extremely shadowy project, but he described one record he’s working on called “The Mountaintop.” “The idea is...I’ve been to the top of money, I’ve had all the sex that I’ve ever wanted, I’ve had all of the adoration,” he said. “I’ve been to the top of all those material world mountains and nothing makes you happy other than being useful to others. That’s it. That’s the only thing that ever will satisfy that thing, is that what you’re doing is useful.”"

Will's hungry again

Drake is the modern day vanilla ice he's garbage to me can't believe will gives him props just like Jeff puts 50 on his mixtapes

• Admin

I got the tidal trial just to listen to this. It’s one of the best interviews he’s ever done...lots of JJFP and music talk... they had a different theme song for fpoba done by someone else and 3 days before jeff came up with that.

jive rejected the first he’s the dj album they submitted..so they went back and did parents, nightmare etc and then they ended up combining the two albums..

will is cursing because nov 6 his dad died then nov 7 trump was elected and it changed his mindset on things..

he has 7 songs and is aiming for 14 for the new album..

he has a lot to say on the new album..

he wants to make music that helps people

I don't think his dad would be happy to hear will cursing now

It's hypocritical he dissed rappers for cursing in their songs now he wants to follow trends

What happened to I don't follow everybody when it's time to rap?