JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Footage of Will Smith in the studio! (New music coming soon)

Well like I mentioned maybe this freestyle will open up the ignorant millennials towards the classic hip hop n for the record when I think of classic albums I think of jjfp he's the DJ I'm the rapper ll cool j mama said knock you out Beastie boys licensed to I'll Nas illmatic n not Eminem or 99%of albums post 2000 don't get me wrong he's a good rapper but I wouldn't put him in the same breath as them

This is the best rap verse I’ve heard in years. I was getting worried Will wouldn’t be able to write as good as he used to but that’s better than some of his older stuff.

Hes been so clever with building his Instagram and YouTube channels so people love him, then boom drops that on them. And the reponce couldn’t be better.

12 hours ago, bigted said:

Well like I mentioned maybe this freestyle will open up the ignorant millennials towards the classic hip hop n for the record when I think of classic albums I think of jjfp he's the DJ I'm the rapper ll cool j mama said knock you out Beastie boys licensed to I'll Nas illmatic n not Eminem or 99%of albums post 2000 don't get me wrong he's a good rapper but I wouldn't put him in the same breath as them

I’ve never got this whole drama between what music was and now is. You like what you like and don’t listen to what you don’t like. Majority rules.... Brexit, Trump etc. If the majority ain’t interested in a new LL or Nas album, why would it be promoted mainstream?

Is it a shame your favourite artists don’t get the air time you’d like? Sure.. for YOU!

You pigeonhole a lot of albums, artists and songs etc based on your own tastes and what era you like most and almost don’t wanna even entertain that someone post 2000 could be as skilled. 

I challenge anyone of your favourite rappers to be able to produce the same kind of wordplay, imagery, flow and delivery that Eminem has his whole career, while also adapting to the change in audiences preferences and staying current. 

Well the thing about it is that like chuck d said most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps n yes they're not in the mainstream anymore but em wouldn't ever battle them on stage

At the end of the day I respect your opinion big Willie cause you're open minded but a lot of Eminem's fans don't give classic hip hop a spin

BTW it's not that I hate all new stuff I made a 2010s music appreciation post after all

It’s like I’ve heard you quote 1000 times about people hating on Will...

’ain’t got nothin nice to say, don’t say nothin’ 

Your own personal demographic on what is good music isn’t the definition or the rule. Im not a fan of Queen or Elvis, but I just don’t listen or comment on them. Same as I’m an Em fan but I rarely listen to anything post Eminem Show, aside from a handful of tracks and Recovery. 

I know how classic He’s the DJ is but I’d rather listen to Code Red, never seen a Star Wars film in my life, but love Fast and Furious. Never seen the Godfather, loved Lawless. Classics are defined by a large demographic regarding that specific thing highly. The minorities opinion doesn’t tarnish somethings classic status. 

Edited by Big Willie

Well Will's freestyle lit a fire under me haven't been this pumped about the state of hip hop in awhile 

...now we need to keep the feedback coming so we could get another album, let's all tweet Jeff too

Well will was working on an album in 2010/2011 if I remember correctly let's hope we don't have to wait another 8 years for an album

Free ur schedule will

• Admin
18 hours ago, bigted said:

Free ur schedule will

Unfortunately he is filming the ang lee until July and then bad boys 3 from August... hope jeff and will can find some time somewhere...