JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J To Start Old School Hip Hop Sirius XM Station!

bigted

now something us real JJFP classic heads can rejoice for!

http://thesource.com/2017/11/21/rock-bells-ll-cool-j-launches-classic-hip-hop-show/

on twitter he said it starts march 28th

I'm glad to see someone standing up for classic Hip-Hop. Hopefully it does well. Classic Hip-Hop and R&B stations are becoming more common since commercial urban music that occupies former Hip-Hop/R&B stations is mostly garbage.

hopefully the younger hip hop artists listen to this station and get inspired to make better music

i was thinking making this an old school hip hop thread where we post videos/audio/interviews from the classic artists in spirit of LL doing it for the legends!

Speaking of LL Cool J, I never had any idea of this 10 year old remix with Mariah Carey until I was browsing music yesterday, have any of y'all heard this before?

When it comes to classic posse cuts this 1989 "Back On The Block" track by Quincy Jones featuring the classic mcs Big Daddy Kane, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, and Ice T with Tevin Campbell singing on it was historic in the sense that 30 years collaborations in hip hop weren't as common as now and it was historic in the sense that a legend from the old school jazz generation of music Quincy Jones reached out to the hip hop generation for a collab of the ages, it ended up winning the 2nd grammy in hip hop history in 1990, by 2020 quincy jones should reach out to all them again and maybe add a few more legnds like fresh prince, ll cool j, krs one, chuck d, queen latifah, mc lyte, and mc hammer to it and call it back on the block 2020:

Edited by bigted

LL Cool J "Luv U Better" to me is my favorite love song from him, more people think "I Need Love" and "Hey Lover" but I refer to this song because it was released around the time I met my special close friend Krystle with today being her 30th birthday I figure to share this song:

• 3 weeks later...

So who's listening to rock the bells? I'm loving falling in love with hip hop all over again

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone actually listening? I figure that jjfp fans would love this station!

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has Sirius xm?

• 5 months later...

Nobody here listens to this station? They play jjfp on occasion