Will Smith Drops New Freestyle! Read more... ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ale

Will Smith to record new music for 'Aladdin'!

I was already super excited for Aladdin because I love Disney. This just takes it to a whole new level!!!!

I already mentioned in another post that Mena (the guy that plays Aladdin) put on his Instagram that they had filmed a massive scene for “friend like me” which is sung by the Genie. 

Sounds like this could be new stuff, I reckon it could be a bit like what Justin Timberlake did with the trolls movie.

great news!!

if this was 1990 then it wouldn't seem realistic to do hip hop in a Disney movie but in 2018 hip hop is more accessible I think Will could pull this off!

I don’t think a new song will be in the movie. Fans are gonna want the original music. I reckon it will be a song for the credits and they’ll stick it on the soundtrack. 

I don’t think a rap version of “a whole new world” will work haha.

Anything is possible. They put new songs in the live action Beauty & The Beast. They had Lin Manuel Miranda do music for Moana. I must say that it's hard to process exactly what this news means for him as a lyricist, emcee, and producer working under the unbrella of Disney.