JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MY CAMPAIGN: JJFP 2 HALL OF FAME(I STARTED PETITION)

bigted

LET'S SPREAD THE WORD Y'ALL, JJFP IN ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME 2019!

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/828/783/934/

Edited by bigted

It also cut out my full paragraph about why I feel JJFP should be in the hall of fame:

"This pioneering group opened the doors for a lot of hip hop artists to have success and longevity in the entertainment industry. 2019 will mark the 30th anniversary of them winning the 1st ever grammy award in hip hop back in 1989 for the song "Parents Just Don't Understand" off of the groundbreaking 1988 album "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper". It was the excellent storytelling and wordplay on that record that convinced the legendary Quincy Jones to give JJFP the legendary sitcom "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air" in 1990 which opened the doors for other rappers like LL Cool J and Ice T to have opportunities acting on television shows today. People of all ages over the years would play at cookouts the classic 1991 record "Summertime" off of another groundbreaking hip hop album "Homebase" which was considered a strong comeback record after Fresh Prince faced financial issues at a young age, the album "Homebase" would cement JJFP to legendary status. Now they'd do countless more work since then, in particular Will doing blockbuster fims like "Men In Black" and "Hitch" in between his musical collaborations with Jeff on the hit albums "Big Willie Style", "Willennium", and "Lost and Found" and Jazzy Jeff doing production for everyone from Jill Scott and The Roots to hip hop favorites like Kel Spencer and Dayne Jordan. Now it'd be fitting for us hip hop heads to reward them with the ultimate honor in music entertainment, an induction to the 2019 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, let's do this people! Btw if you need a refresher on their music here's a playlist of their songs over their 30+ year career! http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/topic/16152-big-teds-jjfp-30-playlist-also-featuring-music-by-potnasl/"

I also wrote this rap today "JJFP 2017 Keepin' It Lit"

From the stories of girls that flip
The parents not understanding
To all the cuts by Jazzy Jeff
Who's about to drop the 3rd magnificent
We flocked to see all the blockbuster flicks
Like Men In Black, Ali, Bad Boys, and Hitch
Don't front like you didn't bump gettin jiggy wit it
Now in 2017 they're back to get the stage lit
The rock & roll hall of fame will be the next entrance
Winning the first rap grammy 30 years ago got us opened 
The impact has been felt in music for generations
Millions of countless fans and artists
Have been known to be impacted
With each room that's boomin'
The brand new funk each summertime is soothin'
A dedication also for my pops who's smilin' down from heaven
Just the two of us is that true guidance
Real hip hop music brings alternative to violence

i just tweeted a bunch of classic hip hop/r&b artists that follow/responded to me over the years to see if they'll get on board like Chuck D, MC Hammer, Quincy Jones, DMC, Teddy Riley, LL Cool J, Keith Sweat, Kel Spencer, Dayne Jordan, and I even let Jazzy Jeff know....

thanks for signing bro! btw i think we should also vote for LL Cool J to get in the HOF, real hip hop should be promoted in masses....

9 signatures after 1 week????!!! come on now JJFP have sold 30 million albums, it shouldn't be that difficult to get signatures, it's not like saying i should be in the hall of fame(at least not yet haha!) now we should tweet this to jeff, we'd at least get 1000s of signatures if he posted, he could announce it in his shows, and it'd go viral if will posted on his facebook page of 75 million followers:

btw here's the updated article:

This pioneering group opened the doors for a lot of hip hop artists to have success and longevity in the entertainment industry. 2019 will mark the 30th anniversary of them winning the 1st ever grammy award in hip hop back in 1989 for the song "Parents Just Don't Understand" off of the groundbreaking 1988 album "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper". It was the excellent storytelling and wordplay on that record that convinced the legendary Quincy Jones to give JJFP the legendary sitcom "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air" in 1990 which opened the doors for other rappers like LL Cool J and Ice T to have opportunities acting on television shows today. People of all ages over the years would play at cookouts the classic 1991 record "Summertime" off of another groundbreaking hip hop album "Homebase" which was considered a strong comeback record after Fresh Prince faced financial issues at a young age, the album "Homebase" would cement JJFP to legendary status. I know their last official album was 1993's "Code Red" and despite it's low record sales it's had a long lasting impact among it's core fanbase to this day nearly 25 years later with the hit song "Boom! Shake The Room", the turntable special "I Wanna Rock", and the Teddy Riley assisted "I'm Looking For The One"(to be with me) among many others on a hip hop heads classic album. Now they'd go on to do countless more work since then, in particular Will doing blockbuster fims like "Men In Black" and "Hitch" in between his musical collaborations with Jeff on the hit albums "Big Willie Style", "Willennium", and "Lost and Found" and Jazzy Jeff doing production for everyone from Jill Scott and The Roots to hip hop favorites like Kel Spencer and Dayne Jordan. Now it'd be fitting for us hip hop heads to reward them with the ultimate honor in music entertainment, an induction to the 2019 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, btw I'm hoping to get enough signatures to have committee consider making a push for 2018 along with LL Cool J repping the real hip hop music, let's do this people! Btw if you need a refresher on their music here's a playlist of their songs over their 30+ year career! http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/topic/16152-big-teds-jjfp-30-playlist-also-featuring-music-by-potnasl/

Edited by bigted
wanted to add more things to it about hall of fame

• 2 months later...

10 signatures in 3 months??? hip hop is officially dead...

Ted. Sorry Man, but realistically this was never gonna go too far. I think Will and Jeff are pretty content with how there careers and awards have come about. I don't think this is a big concern for us the fans or them.

well the record speaks for itself, they've achieved more than they've dreamed of but it seems like certain people have taken their careers for granted since they're just as deserving for the hall of fame as any other so called legend is, maybe one day they'll get on the ballot....