JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

He's the DJ, I'm The Rapper (Extended 2 CD Edition)

Vipa

On 9/15/2017 at 5:15 PM, pudge104 said:

Yeah it’s so good, they took a lot of care with it.  The guy who remastered it was taking about it in another forum, they are really proud.  Good to get all of those 12” Remix tracks in cd quality. 

Do you have a link to that specific forum post? I'd like to read some of that convo. 

My copy came on Monday and I've been listening to it since. It really is a great purchase and it sounds really good. It's nice to get those super rare Brand New Funk remixes. I've always enjoyed the extended remix a lot better than the original. 

One thing that is cool is track 10 on the 1st CD. "Another Special Announcement"  - it's the intro to "Too Damn Hype" with Will and Jeff and others just kicking it. I've never heard it before.

It would've been nice to have the entire Live @ Union Square performance rather than some versions of Parents and Nightmare because there really isn't much difference between versions of these tracks.

I hope this is the start of more remasters to come. 

Edited by DevilsJim89

7 hours ago, fan 4ever said:

I received my copy yesterday! Have been listening to it ever since! Love the remaster. The insert has some good information about the album and songs. Great release! 

I would love a remaster of Code Red with some bonus tracks. 

as much as i'd love to see code red remastered due to popularity it'd probably be the least likely to be remastered, unless will pays attention to this board, here's the order that I feel the next albums would be remastered:

Homebase

Rock The House

And In This Corner

Code Red...

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 9/27/2017 at 9:25 PM, fan 4ever said:

I received my copy yesterday! Have been listening to it ever since! Love the remaster.

I recently got it and have been listening to it a lot. The sound is definitely great. Some songs grab my ear more than others, appreciating the remaster. I like that the album was remastered in one of the studios they recorded it in. In terms Anything that works as well as phentermine of the music, I just wish they take l suggests didn't put the alternate versions of "Girls..."  Yeah, it was remixed and re-recorded the same hear, but there is a Danny D remix (and extended and radio version) of "Parents..." that would have been a better fit.  It would have also been nice if they released an instrumental version of all of the songs. There is a rare 1988 vinyl release of the instrumentals that I have, but the record is slightly warped, so it would be great to have them on CD and remastered since this release is kind of a dream come true.

All of the pictures from the original release are in the insert, plus pictures of the cover of all single covers. Above the "thank you's" they have and saw awesome results individual pictures of the trio that I've never seen before. In addition to original notes on the CD insert, there is a little write up on the album which is a great, but short read. If you're thinking about getting this, stop thinking and GET IT!

I had my doubts with the remasters as I tend to like the originals more. But the thumbs-up that you (and other fans) gave to the re-master forced me to order it from Amazon. Now, eagerly waiting for it. 

Edited by CassidyMJohnson

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never get tired of this album

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 11/20/2017 at 6:17 PM, CassidyMJohnson said:

I had my doubts about phen375 with the remasters as I tend to like the originals more. But the thumbs-up that you (and other fans) gave to the re-master forced me to order it from Amazon. Now, eagerly waiting for it. 

Find release reviews and credits for He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper [Expanded Edition] [2 CD] - DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince on AllMusic - 2017.

Edited by Ramona Pope
typo

• 2 months later...

Incase someone still needs to get this, this two-CD set is on sale through this Sunday on Real Gone Music.

https://realgonemusic.com/collections/sale/products/d-j-jazzy-jeff-the-fresh-prince-cd