JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Get Lit

realistically it turned out nas was right when hip hop is dead since most of the best rappers in hip hop history since all the best mcs are over 40 years old or they're dead, maybe the best thing for the old school acts to do is just make remixes of their classics since that what most people want to her from them..and yes as much as i like tyson and holyfield they don't measure up  to ali and frazier, the same ting applies to hip hop, 99% of what's come out since 2000 is weak compared to 1980 to 1999, even lost and found ain't on the level of he's the dj, i'm the rapper, it's a FACT, old school will always be on top..

Yea I'm not a fan of this...What made Lost and Found great was that he just went into the studio and said what he wanted to say. He touched back to his roots and let go. Since then he's really had this complex about getting recognition and praise as a rapper, which is understandable. he's right. he should get all that...but this just sounds like he's trying too hard to get a hit and forcing that praise. Its a mashed up combination of different top 40 sounds that are hot right now and it just doesn't work. Just drop a verse, spit some rhymes...And the industry isn't dead its just evolved...Once upon a time more money and more airplay got you Gold Records...Today an unsigned artist can drop a track on Youtube and those views will be counted towards its "sales" so to speak. Will can spend all the money he has on getting this airplay (not saying that is what he's doing...) but if people don't like it and it doesn't get shared, etc its going to fall behind. 

Edited by Vipa

the music industry has gotten hideously worse in the last 12 years since lost & found and it was getting bad then, i repeat NOBODY is putting out anything groundbreaking in this time period compared to 1980-1999, i'm not being stuck in the past, i'm speaking from a quality standpoint with facts, the mainstream don't pay attention to rappers spitting bars anymore or else chuck d and krs one would be going multiplatinum...

• 1 month later...

sure this isn't will's greatest hit but i wouldn't go too far to say this is the worst song ever, will could do the abcs and sound better than all the garbage music with negative messages out today...

On 11/27/2017 at 7:20 AM, bigted said:

sure this isn't will's greatest hit but i wouldn't go too far to say this is the worst song ever, will could do the abcs and sound better than all the garbage music with negative messages out today...

i’m sorry but this song makes the alphabet song look like a masterpiece 

• 2 months later...

let me get this straight the classic mc who wrote lyrical classics like summertime and brand new funk had a simple edm dance song written by XO Man (no disrespect but who is he?), simply embarassing, maybe will should just hang up the mic, he's looking like a lost rapper...