Will Smith Drops New Freestyle! Read more... ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum
Jazzy Julie

Get Lit

2 hours ago, Jazzy Julie said:

Jim hit the nail on the head with whats missing, bars. Will's a rapper but the last 3 songs hes put out barely have any lyrics in them. We know he can write them because he's wrote tonnes of incredible songs. Plus the world is so messed up right now, theres so much he could say.

I think Will has seen what Jaden and Willow do. They put music out all the time, they never chart, they just get attention from their fans. They seem to be ok with that and just do it to be creative. If Will isnt expecting to chart, he may as well make music that us guys wanna here and not try to fit in with the music scene right now.

I get the impression hes a bit lost, he wants to do it but hes not sure how. I get that, music is weird right now, its either EDM or a Spanish song and he doesnt seem to fit into any of that.

That's what I wish for. Just drop some music for the love of making music instead of trying to fit into some mainstream category. Drop the songs, drop an album without trying to go multi platinum and 100 million+ clicks on youtube. That's not what I'm waiting for as a fan. I want him to drop some bars on hiphop and break beats along with those jazzy scratches. Just do it! :D

we know jeff would bring out the best of will and us true fans would dig it and even though the masses don't really pay attention but the true heads have been digging into the return of quite a bit of the old school artists these days like wyclef jean, public enemy, krs one, big boi, snoop dogg, dj quik, and even unreleased music from the late great biggie on that duet album with faith evans, a tribe called quest, de la soul, mc hammer, bell biv devoe, common, busta rhymes, etc, JJFP would fit right in with the classic rap renaissance of 2017/2018 and sure they might never sell millions like justin bieber and taylor swift but there's always an audience for old school hip hop and it gets back to my point that they'll be forever relevant because they're bigger than the flavor of the month with more credibility!

Edited by bigted

realistically it turned out nas was right when hip hop is dead since most of the best rappers in hip hop history since all the best mcs are over 40 years old or they're dead, maybe the best thing for the old school acts to do is just make remixes of their classics since that what most people want to her from them..and yes as much as i like tyson and holyfield they don't measure up  to ali and frazier, the same ting applies to hip hop, 99% of what's come out since 2000 is weak compared to 1980 to 1999, even lost and found ain't on the level of he's the dj, i'm the rapper, it's a FACT, old school will always be on top..

Yea I'm not a fan of this...What made Lost and Found great was that he just went into the studio and said what he wanted to say. He touched back to his roots and let go. Since then he's really had this complex about getting recognition and praise as a rapper, which is understandable. he's right. he should get all that...but this just sounds like he's trying too hard to get a hit and forcing that praise. Its a mashed up combination of different top 40 sounds that are hot right now and it just doesn't work. Just drop a verse, spit some rhymes...And the industry isn't dead its just evolved...Once upon a time more money and more airplay got you Gold Records...Today an unsigned artist can drop a track on Youtube and those views will be counted towards its "sales" so to speak. Will can spend all the money he has on getting this airplay (not saying that is what he's doing...) but if people don't like it and it doesn't get shared, etc its going to fall behind. 

Edited by Vipa

the music industry has gotten hideously worse in the last 12 years since lost & found and it was getting bad then, i repeat NOBODY is putting out anything groundbreaking in this time period compared to 1980-1999, i'm not being stuck in the past, i'm speaking from a quality standpoint with facts, the mainstream don't pay attention to rappers spitting bars anymore or else chuck d and krs one would be going multiplatinum...

sure this isn't will's greatest hit but i wouldn't go too far to say this is the worst song ever, will could do the abcs and sound better than all the garbage music with negative messages out today...

On 11/27/2017 at 7:20 AM, bigted said:

sure this isn't will's greatest hit but i wouldn't go too far to say this is the worst song ever, will could do the abcs and sound better than all the garbage music with negative messages out today...

i’m sorry but this song makes the alphabet song look like a masterpiece 

It's just not a good look and rubs me the wrong way.

I could go on a rant but I'll leave it as this. Stop prostituting music Will. If you say you really love it, then show it! Drop a track with bars, spark my interest again, show me you care about music and your fans. 

let me get this straight the classic mc who wrote lyrical classics like summertime and brand new funk had a simple edm dance song written by XO Man (no disrespect but who is he?), simply embarassing, maybe will should just hang up the mic, he's looking like a lost rapper...

I think FP just needs to be inspired again..I've said it all along that I think he has lost his confidence and is worrying about what is on trend at the moment...  A week or 2 with Jeff will sort that right out..