JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Get Lit

The video is amazing! Makes me appreciate the song even more now. Plus more people can see what an incredible show JJFP can put on.

its got mixed reviews but I'd still like Will to release it and see what happens. Whatever he does with it, we've got what we wanted, new music and even a video.

• Members
19 minutes ago, Jazzy Julie said:

The video is amazing! Makes me appreciate the song even more now. Plus more people can see what an incredible show JJFP can put on.

its got mixed reviews but I'd still like Will to release it and see what happens. Whatever he does with it, we've got what we wanted, new music and even a video.

Ya I can't stop watching!

Great video! I'm loving it! The song would do great on the radio and in the clubs.

Just a quick question: does anyone have the lyrics? Because it sounds to me like he's saying "Big Will, the sequel, about the be lit". 
Is he planning on doing a sequel to "Big Willie Style"? :smiley-think005:

10 hours ago, fan 4ever said:

Great video! I'm loving it! The song would do great on the radio and in the clubs.

Just a quick question: does anyone have the lyrics? Because it sounds to me like he's saying "Big Will, the sequel, about the be lit". 
Is he planning on doing a sequel to "Big Willie Style"? :smiley-think005:

I heard that too!  I'm thinking the same thing!

I wasn't that crazy about the song.  That style of music seems a little dated now, that seemed to be more popular a few years ago.  But I'm a little out of touch with music these days.   I was more bummed about the lack of lyrics.  There seemed to be only a few lines to the entire song.

i like all the buzz it's getting, the world needs JJFP more than ever with all the world's problems right now, he needs to put his movie career on hold for a bit and deliver this music we all need!

Edited by bigted

I think everything I think has already been shared. I love the subject matter of the song. I think hyped EDU music takes away from the lyrics and feeling of any song though. It distracts from the actual intention of the song.  I agree that a studio version that is properly mixed will do the song proper justice. I prefer classic Hip-Hop from Will, but I still enjoy this kind of thing. I just want to have enough of his classic sound with the new music to appreciate what he did with this track. Jazzy's scratching is one of the highlights to me, and not just because I'm a fan. It takes the track a step back closer to Hip-Hop.

I think it was wise for FP to put this video out. The cellphone videos muffled the sound so much. This helps isolate his vocals some. I think he needs to put a single out now though. The attention on this song is pretty impressive considering all we had was cellphone quality concert videos to document it. After the "Fiesta (Remix)"  only had a short lived buzz, I think he missed some opportunities. He needs to milk this, even if an album isn't coming yet.

now we might think this has a lot of buzz now but just imagine what buzz would be like if will posted more about music on social media(his team should get him a twitter, even if the team posts itstead of him like dr dre does)

With him in full Aladdin mode. He's gonna have to leave it to his marketing team.... oh wait, That's not likely.

This may be the peak guys, not to ruin the moment. But I can't see anything else happening for a while.  The best possible scenario is a studio version drops to radio and spotify very soon and the hype will continue.  But a whole album i am doubtful at this stage.  Enjoy this moment though. The last two weeks have been immense.

well we can't really complain too much after that incredible show but there's definately something to be desired, will shouldn't just leave the music fans hanging but at this point anything we get is a bonus...

Edited by bigted

• Admin
29 minutes ago, stoneheartneil said:

I think Will at Jeff's studio for a week would produce a much more familiar sound that he would feel at home with. If he just hung out at the Playlist Retreat I think the result would be world's apart from "get lit" ....fingers crossed.

Feel exactly the same way man! Will should just spend a week at Jeffs house and they would probably produce a great JJFP album!

a lot of people dissing this song and saying that JJFP should retire on youtube but i bet the majority of them are young money fans who don't know what real rap is...

As the eternal bringer of darkness, I think the song is shiet. It sounds a lot like something from one of those "hey we just found some new electronical noise to play around with"-eras. Its very unoriginal (if thats a word). Then again, I'm just a hardcore sucker for sampling nice old soul/funk/jazz and I have a very hard to relate to "club scene" things because it just doesnt work for me. Personally, I would prefer if they renewed old concepts instead of somewhat desperately trying to keep up with changing times... I mean its not like the "times" of today is something to hang onto anyway...

On 20.9.2017 at 6:45 PM, Lerkot said:

As the eternal bringer of darkness, I think the song is shiet. It sounds a lot like something from one of those "hey we just found some new electronical noise to play around with"-eras. Its very unoriginal (if thats a word). Then again, I'm just a hardcore sucker for sampling nice old soul/funk/jazz and I have a very hard to relate to "club scene" things because it just doesnt work for me. Personally, I would prefer if they renewed old concepts instead of somewhat desperately trying to keep up with changing times... I mean its not like the "times" of today is something to hang onto anyway...

I agree that the song is bad. Let's wait for the next try. :)

the song might not be brand new funk but it's still way better than that young money/rick ross garbage we hear these days...