JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

So Will isn't doing anything right now..

Hero1

• Admin

Will has no movies, no movies coming up.. he could be .. doing some new music with Jeff.. doing some music.. putting out an album.. doing that summer JJFP tour that he promised last year... but no he is jumping out of a plane in dubai smh

I just feel like he doesn't care....at all. 

Did he just throw out the Caution in the Wild song last year just to see if it generated a buzz and gauge interest? Where's the JJFP Summer '16 tour?? I get so frustrated with him when I listen to the music and he really hasn't done anything/publicly released anything since 2005. Smh...

all i gotta say is as one of the biggest JJFP potnas i just can't defend will anymore, he takes his career/life for granted

A lot of people act like they've been wronged by Will. But Will owe us nothing, he didn't promise anything. Right now he is living his life. And talking about him taking his life for granted: what could an album give him that he doesn't already have?!

We can wish he would make a new album, but we can't hold back something against him for not doing so.

Edited by Romano338

i know i might have been a little bit harsh by what i said but when lost and found came out will was talking about how music is life and that's it his biggest passion then 12 years later we're waiting for a follow up??? come on now i think what i said is somewhat justified... but yeah as i think about it with 10 albums counting the greatest hits, basically only a handful of legends like ll cool j, nas, and krs one have dropped this much material for the fans to listen to over the decades so i guess he could have a break....

On 30/03/2017 at 10:12 AM, Romano338 said:

No it's not justified, it's a spoiled-kid reaction. It's his right to consider music as life yet not releasing albums. Tons of persons consider music as their life and don't release anything. You can do that for you, listen to it, record for the pleasure of recording.

Amen! Y'all act like Wills your father who promised you a 5th birthday party but walked out your life before the cake was even baked. Jeez. 

On 20/03/2017 at 2:25 AM, bigted said:

all i gotta say is as one of the biggest JJFP potnas i just can't defend will anymore, he takes his career/life for granted

A guy who's done countless charity and support work, has raised a family and held onto a poster marriage through everything, ignores rumours and still tries to uplift, all while trying to juggle 2 careers that for the most part, probably make both suffer. Works tirelessly but still makes sure the value of money is recognised and hasn't gone 'diva' about his riches since his bankruptcy. I would say Will Smith, of all celebrities, is one of very very few who DOESN'T take his career and life for granted. 

He makes one decision to put his music career on hold to be an actor and y'all wanna have his head on a stick and parade it around Philly for how he 'let you down'. Granted, he mentions music all the time, he did say of a tour and album, but jeez, how many of us have had plans to do something then something you value higher, is more important or you just change your mind? And as for criticising him for going on holiday, I think y'all consider him some kind of robot and forget he's a human. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wills not been filming for a few months, it looks like he had a week or so of travel according to his Facebook. He may well of recorded stuff recently, then took a week off.

I also think Will likes to explore different cultures to get inspiration for movies/music. That's my theory anyway.