JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New music - caution in the wild

this song only has 1200 views while lil wayne's song that has a video on the soundtrack has over 100 million views, people sure do have crappy taste in music

• Members
9 hours ago, bigted said:

this song only has 1200 views while lil wayne's song that has a video on the soundtrack has over 100 million views, people sure do have crappy taste in music

I never thought I'll see the day where I'd like more a random Lil' Wayne song of a movie soundtrack than the supposed comeback of my favorite rapper but that day has arrived. For me the song Caution in the Wild sucks and that's why people are not paying any attention to it. I personally listened to it about 3 or 4 times, then the app crashed and I've never listen to it since and probable never will.

41 minutes ago, Pocoto said:

I never thought I'll see the day where I'd like more a random Lil' Wayne song of a movie soundtrack than the supposed comeback of my favorite rapper but that day has arrived. For me the song Caution in the Wild sucks and that's why people are not paying any attention to it. I personally listened to it about 3 or 4 times, then the app crashed and I've never listen to it since and probable never will.

quality of music has nothing to do with popularity these days, will's fiesta video with bomba estereo has more views than a lot of the classic JJFP songs including the groundbreaking Parents Just Don't Understand and Brand New Funk and i'm not really such a fan of fiesta like that, i do think caution in the wild is a way better song, still better than anything lil wayne has done but that's besides the point, the reason why it's not having success is cause will has seemed to not take his music career seriously anymore, he's too busy promoting subpar films like this suicide squad, i'm really dissapointed...

Maybe I'm biased but from what I've heard of the sucide squad soundtrack, caution in the wild is better than any track on it. I reckon it's demo and since it was rejected Will didn't finish. It's a shame coz I really like it, I prefer it to fiesta. 

At the end of the day, if the big radio stations decided they don't want to play a song, it's hard to chart. They decide what's popular. 

"Caution In The Wild" is better than most of the songs on the soundtrack.  I got the soundtrack. It's one of those albums I have to be in the mood to listen to.  I like it over all. I even find the songs by artists I don't particularly like somewhat listenable.  FP's song would have fit perfectly on it. In fact, I think it would have balanced it out nicely. He probably realized he was being too picky about the song, which is why he launched it on the app. For those complaining about the sound of the song, I'm confused why it's not understood that this song was done for the soundtrack, to fit the vibe of the film. It can't be held to the standard of his regular music.

The soundtrack is doing well. I wish they'd release a deluxe edition featuring the "Caution In The Wild." Even though we live in a digital age, nothing beats CD quality sound. People are unaware of the song because they are unaware of the app.  If he put it on the soundtrack, released a single and/or video, it would get some kind of buzz.

15 hours ago, JumpinJack AJ said:

Even though we live in a digital age, nothing beats CD quality sound. 

These days, that depends on how the music was mastered and on the kind of digital format you use (MP3, FLAC and so on). If all things are optimized individually for the different formats, the CD is better yes, but not as good as vinyl. 

• 6 months later...

i don't really listen to the song that much anymore but out of all respects i don't really listen to too much current stuff anyway, most hip hop these days don't have much replay value no matter who it is, i listen to mostly classic hip hop from 10-30 years ago, at this point if the new tracks are not with jeff i probably wouldn't want to hear them anyway, and on the most part like tim and others have said his acting over the last 10 years hasn't been that memorable either, other than a bad boys sequel with a old school JJFP track on soundtrack there's not much i'm anticipating either on that end, will needs to give the real fans what they want: that classic JJFP hip hop music that delivered the first grammy  in hip hop...