JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Share Top 5 Albums You've Been Playing Lately(Past/Present)

bigted

I decided to start a new thread that's a lil' bit different from the what are you listening thread to get some more fresh convo on music that we're playing, if the album is available on youtube post the link to it here, it'll be useful in getting something fresh going...

Here I go with no further ado, check out my playlist:

#1 Ice Cube's Greatest Hits:

#2 2Pac's Greatest Hits:

#3-Prince Greatest Hits:

#4-Wu Tang Clan Enter The 36 Chambers

#5-Will Smith Big Willie Style

thanks for checking out the list man, feel free to post some albums too, i'm curious to know what everyone's been playing

• Members

1. Jodeci - The Show, The Afterparty, The Hotel

2. Above The Rim Soundtrack

3. Ralph Tresvant - Ralph Tresvant

4. BLACKstreet's 1st album

5. Aerosmith - Big Ones

(Nice list btw, bigted)

Edited by Abdul1997

turntable's list is new school, i'm gonna look up some of those albums and abdul's is old school albums i haven't heard in awhile, thanks for sharing!

1. Kano - Made In The Manor (UK)

kano_made_in_the_manor_album_artwork.jpg

2. Skepta - Konnichiwa (UK)

download-Skepta-Konnichiwa.jpg

3. Kanye West - The Life Of Pablo (US)

0353d2f8948ef30eaa9b296a15cf59.jpg

http://hypetrak.com/2016/02/kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo-official-release/

4. Chance The Rapper - Coloring Book (US)

chance-the-rapper-coloring-boo.jpg

5. Flatbush Zombies - 3001: A Laced Oddyssey (US)

Flatbush-Zombies-3001-A-Laced-Odyssey-30

wow this thread is bringing back some life to the jjfp board! some peeps that i haven't seen post in awhile, this is a great feeling...to keep the convo going some interesting albums you all been playing, i was playing NWA's Straight Outta Compton yesterday:

Now Turntable made an interesting post about The Roots Long Time song with Peedi Peedi(formerly of Roc-A-Fella) from the Game Theory album, it's been on my mind, probably gonna play the album today later on, that's a slept on classic from a classic group:

On 18.5.2016 at 11:05 PM, Da Brakes said:

Loving the Grime aspects 10th Prince!!

I see you fam... although both albums doesn't have that real Grime "sound", would you agree? But they're both great albums... Skepta is darker, has more bangers, more gangsta type of sound but also got some american influences! I didn't even know that Kano dropped a new album, I just saw that when I wanted to buy "Konnichiwa" and took that one too. Now it's my favorite album right now. It has a few bangers but also some positive vibes and some stories... it's more versatile but everything matches. Would even say his best album by now.

You are from the UK right? Do you have any recommendations on some good UK Rap or Grime albums? I got a few at home but surely missed out on some gems.

I was listening to Run Dmc's Raising Hell last night when watching the Raptors-Cavs game:

I recently got the James Brown Get On Up blu ray so I've been playing more of his tunes lately:

Now I didn't like LL Cool J's 10 album as much as GOAT when it first came out but over time it has really grown on me to be one of my favorites of all time, it shoulda sold 10 million copies like other popular albums of 2003 did, I had a lil hard time going to sleep at first last night so I popped this CD in:

Now speaking of LL, 10 years ago back in 2006 he put out one of his most underrated albums but probably one of the most mature hip hop albums in "Todd Smith", I played some songs off of it today:

Edited by bigted

now i'll admit that i think biggie is slightly overrated although i always admired his talent but it's just the point that there's other great mcs from the 90s that're alive that deserve recognition, i was listening to a birthday mix last night for him on sirius xm fly so i figured i'd share my favorite album from him "life after death", rest in peace...

Now one of the rappers still alive that should be given more credit is Busta Rhymes who had a birthday yesterday, I listened to "The Big Bang" album yesterday, 2006 was truely one of the last great years for hip hop:

Now today's a birthday of a living legend of r&b who also influenced a lot of the real hip hop artists as well Ron Isley AKA Mr. Bigg, I love this album "Body Kiss" Isley Brothers did produced by R Kelly released during my senior year of high school the spring of 2003, another great time period of music! I'm gonna pop this CD in today...