JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

CATCHING UP...

Hey everyone,  I never thought I'd be one of those people who took a break from the board.  It wasn't intentional, I just got super buys (and still am).  I don't know that I've really been here all year.  To sum things up, I was working on a show the first two months of the year. More recently I did a small part in another show, which we're also doing out of town in a few weeks.  Life has been a mix of good and bad.  I'm still stuck in my awful job, which keeps giving me a schedule that makes it hard to live a satisfying life. I'm determined to change that soon, but the direction is foggy, so it's hard to know what steps I want to take. I met this girl a few months ago who I totally fell for and I put it out as we got super close. However, she's in this empty long distance relationship that I was sure she was going to end and hasn't yet. She often shows she wants to take the step, but all I can do is be patient right now, which is maddening. I've been vibing to Arrested Development's two new albums and I've been revisiting Tribe's work since Phife's passing.  Things are good, but tough.  I constantly feel like I'm on the edge of good changes, but getting frustrated with how much is my responsibility and how much involves patience.  I may not be hitting the board every day, but I'll be back. I've been catching up on old posts, so you'll likely late responds from me.  I hope things are well with everyone.

welcome back AJ, it does feel weird saying that 'cause you're one of the regulars but i could feel what you're saying man, i could relate to going through the motions waiting for something to break through, i haven't been posting that much here lately either but for the most part things are looking up considering how it could've been going through some of the recent ups and downs myself...i'm trying to bring some breakthroughs in my life as well 'cause i know time's not standing still but i'm saying the serenity prayer and going one day at a time and i know things will work out in due season...i'm finishing up my course of computer programming i've been taking for over two years through an online college i previously did 2 years from 2010-2012 so this will be my bachelor's degree i'll be obtaining so it's quite a step up to say the least...it was kinda ironic of phife dawg's passing 'cause i've been listening to more of that native tongues stuff from the late 80s/early 90s lately, plus smooth jazz, and classic soul vibes, now i really hope something resurges out of the memory of the classics made from the legends we lost because these times are urgent..now i know AJ you'd dig the new song that ice cube and common put out for the new barbershop movie, it really shows how full circle they've both grown after their feud from back in the days, more rappers should take that example, i'd like to see ll cool j and ice t fully squash their beef and do a song and movie together too...now when i get a new laptop computer by the summer y'all will be hearing new recordings from me but for now check out my "gm3485 starting over album" from last january of 2015...now lately i've been doing a lot of soul searching, meditating over bible verses, reading this joel osteen book "become a better you" and a dr. charles stanley devotional "10 principles for studying your bible" which have laid down a stronger foundation for lyrics i've been writing for the future projects i wanna be working on, i'm staying on that uplifted tip...btw AJ i think we could turn this thread into a way for us to check in on each other and try to keep this real bond going as the extended family that i've known JJFP.com to be over the years, let's hold onto the memories with hopes of the best to come!...