JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2016 Tour Dates

Hero1

Its a great festival. Very varied in music. Outkast played there this year.

Anoyingly i wouldnt get the long weekend off work so would have to travel down for just the day. Hopefully a Saturday or the Sunday,

Edited by KevTastic

Set times are announced prior. They would sure be one of the headline evening acts though, plus could probably get a fay ticket just for the day they're performing. Travelling there though is a real pain if you are just doing a day. Its incredibly rare that any rumour this far before the festival would come to light. Plus yeh, i think they'd do proper dates on the mainland as well.

I think it would be smart to go with the festival route. No pressure to fill venues on their own. Big built in audience. It worked out great for OutKast last year. Festivals love the reunions shows over the last few years! Downside is that it wouldn't be a very intimate crowd.

You're right. The festival route is smart for the act. For the fans it is frustrating. I am a huge Outkast fan but struggled to find the funds at the time to sort tickets out for their UK festival dates. Bestival is also a very fast growing and popular festival in the UK so tickets go fast. 

Ive never been to a festival in my life because generally i don't like the music haha. I'd pay £200 for a ticket, its cheaper than getting to the USA right.

Stupid question, at festivals do artists play long sets, like a few hours. Haha i have no interest in festivals so i have no idea. Its still rather a show which was just them but i'll take this.

Yeh if they're headlining it would be the equivilant of a big regular show for them set wise. Its just the crowd might not all be that familar with anything but the hits, which may change their approach to the set list.

Bestival strong rumours for artists really don't appear this early though, so i am  reluctant to believe this is the way it's going til something more concrete comes along. My work colleague and friend sitting oppositie me right now has been to the last 8 years of Bestival, even proposing to his girlfriend at the one this past September. he says don't get caught up by the rumour mill til about February / March time.

JJFP have millions of people that bought their albums over 30 years so i'm sure there's a decent amount of fans out there that know album cuts besides the hits, btw i really hope will puts out some new music soon to get the buzz going about the tour, there's been all this concussion talk without any new music leaking which is a dissapointment, as happy as i am seeing the response of fiesta i want something else....