JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Recreating the JJFP Site

Hero1

• Admin

If you look under that music menu item you will see I've started to add some pages back into this site. I was just wondering what do you think would be useful new or old pages for the site. Basically I don't want to add anything that you can get somewhere else, so I won't add Will's filmography you can get that imdb, I won't add lyrics you can get that in google, but what would be interesting? I think a list of all of Jeff's mixtapes might be useful and you won't get that anywhere else, so I'm wanting more ideas like that. What is some original content I can add back to this site?

i'd like to see some of the more rare interviews that give a glimpse into the minds of JJFP

I like the idea of adding Jeff's mixtapes...especially the older ones like The Vibe I'm On....and the Block Party would be great. As Ted said, maybe restore the old interviews and album reviews that you used to have. Another good idea would be to create a chronological video vault that is a compilation of various interviews, music videos and performances that are on YouTube. Ale does a tremendous job posting videos so it'd be cool if we had a centralized location for it. I'm not sure what you're bandwidth limitations are but because of copyrights, sometimes great videos show up on YouTube and are later taken down. It'd be nice if they were stored somewhere else but I can see the challenges of hosting everything yourself.  

My bookmark in Chrome points to the forum but I guess it looks like the main domain also points to the forum so is the former site not around anymore? 

The only thing that I've always loved over the years is that this site is always a music-oriented page. Personally, I could care less about Will's movies. I'm just so into the music! 

• Admin
5 hours ago, joe1306 said:

A section for all the rare stuff would be great, be it old jjfp songs, interviews or anythings related. of course, rare songs, would be the most interesting part of it, I think. Songs like "Dance or Die" and so on.

I created this page: http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/rare-tracks/ Have a look.

I like that your building it back up.  To be honest, I liked that the website featured the basic information, such as the discography, lyrics, filmography, etc. I feel that that's what makes the website a one-stop shop.  I know other members in this forum have JJ+FP websites, but I kinda like this one being the one that has it all. Are you just wanting less website to maintain? 

• Admin
10 hours ago, JumpinJack AJ said:

I like that your building it back up.  To be honest, I liked that the website featured the basic information, such as the discography, lyrics, filmography, etc. I feel that that's what makes the website a one-stop shop.  I know other members in this forum have JJ+FP websites, but I kinda like this one being the one that has it all. Are you just wanting less website to maintain? 

The problem is Google. So that stuff is fantastic for fans. Googles algorithm however considers all that stuff "duplicate content" so it marks the site right down and doesn't show it in any search results. Because of this the site's traffic has dropped by 95% I used to get 3,000 unique visitors a day now it's getting 140.  It's awful. And Google doesn't show the site in any search results any more. Do a search for will smith or fresh prince or new will smith album... Nowhere to be seen. 

you should also put a link to stream the albums from youtube and spotify etc, anyway great ideas!