JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Willie Style Ranked #16 on most sold rap albums list

bigted

I thought that Big Willie Style sold at least 9 million copies, it's listed there as 6 million and I thought Willennium sold 3 million which would be top 50 but nevertheless great list!

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/05/the-50-best-selling-rap-albums/

btw the men in black soundtrack sold about as many copies as 8 mile and that was a major hip hop album too with features by nas, a tribe called quest, de la soul, the roots, even destiny's child and alicia keys when they were starting out, plus of course the 2 featured will smith songs "men in black" and "just crusin"

I saw this article and thought it was a little off.  I swore a few of these albums sold more than they have listed.  Of course, I could be wrong, but I felt Big Willie Style was closer to 10 million.

i also find it hard to believe that some iconic albums like ll cool j's mama said knock out and boogie down productions criminal minded aren't top 50 popular rap albums of all time, plus of course the iconic JJFP albums like He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper and Homebase aren't on here, you'd like to see Code Red but it only went gold like Lost & Found did, anyway these lists always have some imperfections...

Edited by bigted

• Admin

Big Willie Style sold 10 million in America, if you include worldwide it was 12 million. That 10 million figure though is how many records Sony/Columbia sold to record stores. So they shipped those copies out but then the store has to sell it. So it's a slightly different figure. So Willennium shipped 3 million out but only sold 2.1 million. Code Red was certified gold (500,000) because it shipped that many copies but then it only sold 300,000 etc.

big willie style would be a top 5 seller on this list if it sold 10 million like u said tim, btw i coulda sworn he's the dj im the rapper and homebase sold at least 3 million copies too which would be good for top 50 as well.... btw it's kinda sad how eminem's worst album encore sells almost as much as his best album slim shady lp, shows u how brainwashed his fanbase is...