JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Game New Album "The Documentary 2"

bigted

Game did it again, he put out another classic gangsta album!

That youtube link don't work now, you could listen to the album on spotify, this is definately a must to own on CD, support the real hip hop!

Incredible album. This is way better than the first one and I really liked that one too....and from what I'm hearing 2.5 (that drops next week) is just as good. for an artists to come with consistent heat like that on 38 tracks says a lot....This first one had ZERO filler.

I wouldn't say it's better than the first one, not even close... but it's alright! The sound is a bit experimental, reminds me of the new Dr. Dre record "Compton"... I think he should've picked the best songs out of the two CDs, so it could've been one really good album with 12-15 tracks! So there are just too many songs and you got some fillers automatically. Don't know yet if I should buy 'em... a REAL double album would be better.

LK7dB8q.jpg

01. Intro – Documentary 2
02. On Me (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
03. Step Up (feat. Dej Loaf & Sha Sha)
04. Don’t Trip (feat. Ice Cube, Dr. Dre & will.i.am)
05. Standing On Ferraris (feat. Diddy)
06. Dollar and a Dream (feat. AB Soul)
07. Made In America (feat. Marcus Black)
08. Hashtag (feat. Jelly Roll)
09. Circles (feat. Q-Tip, Eric Bellinger & Sha Sha)
10. Uncle (Skit)
11. Dedicated (feat. Future & Sonyae)
12. Bitch You Ain’t S**t
13. Summertime (feat. Jelly Roll)
14. Mula (feat. Kanye West)
15. The Documentary 2
16. New York, New York
17. 100 (feat. Drake)
18. Just Another Day
19. LA (feat. Snoop Dogg, will.i.am & Fergie)

ip0hWHJ.jpg

01. New York (Skit)
02. Magnus Carlsen (feat. Anderson .Paak)
03. Crenshaw/80S and Cocaine (feat. Anderson .Paak & Sonyae)
04. Gang Bang Anyway (feat. Jay Rock & Schoolboy Q)
05. The Ghetto (feat. Nas & will.i.am)
06. From Adam (feat. Lil Wayne)
07. Gang Related (feat. Asia)
08. Last Time You Seen (feat. Scarface & Stacy Barthe)
09. Intoxicated (feat. Deion)
10. Quiks Groove (feat. DJ Quik, Sevyn Streeter & Micah)
11. Outside (feat. E-40, Mvrcus Blvck & Lil E)
12. Up On The Wall (feat. Problem, Ty Dolla $ign & YG)
13. Sex (Skit)
14. My Flag/Da Homies (feat. Ty Dolla $ign, Jay 305, AD, Mitch E-Slick, Joe Moses, RJ & Sceme)
15. Moment Of Violence (feat. King Mez, JT & Jon Connor)
16. Like Father Like Son 2 (feat. Busta Rhymes)
17. Life

to me game's one of the consistant rappers of the last 10 years in hip hop, i like the original documentary but i think it's too early to compare this album to that one but i think there's definately classic material with potential of the second disc to be just as strong, looking forward to hearing it tomorrow...

Yeah you right, but what's difficult with The Game is that he often imitates the flows of his guest rappers... on the one hand it shows that he is kinda versatile, on the other hand you always think that there is a lack of his own style and personality in his music! What I like about the original "Documentary" is the straight production... like it starts with "Westside Story", such a banger! And you got other big tunes like "Dreams" or "Start From Scratch"... not to mention the "Hit" records! I Think that stuff was on a whole 'nother level and the new album can't keep up with that! But that's just my opinion and I'm far from saying that the new one is garbage... it just doesn't create the same feeling to me.

the thing i like about game though is that he's one of the few rappers of the last 10 years that gives props to the classic hip hop, there's some classic samples on documentary 2

here's the documentary 2.5, i heard about half of it so far, gonna listen more as the day goes on: