JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Album, World Tour and Bad Boys III in 2016

Hero1

• Admin

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/will-smith-dj-jazzy-jeff-planning-summer-2016-world-tour-20151005

Next year will be the 20th anniversary of this web site!! JJFPCON in 2016!!! Imagine us all at a JJFP concert in London!

Edited by Hero1

I like that he said he wants to keep going until he's 70-80 years old, that'll make JJFP the Rolling Stones of hip hop!! :ernaehrung004:

Me, Kev and Brakes have pretty much decided to get to all UK dates if he does more than just London. If for any reason they don't come here, we are going to them. 

It will be great if we all get to the same show. Going to something with someone just as passionate as you makes it so much more fun.

i know it might be asking too much but my ultimate dream would be to see JJFP perform Code Red album in its entirety ala Nas did with Illmatic in concert

The tour is gonna be so dope, but I wouldn't expect anything crazy when it comes to the set list.  They toured some with their albums from the 80's, but that's it.  The 'Prince is too big for big liberties to be taken with the set list.  I predict a balanced mix of JJ+FP and solo Will Smith hits, with some tiny surprises here and there. I predict a good lighting set up and a small crew of dancers.  Will they tour alone, or with an opening act?  I feel that FP has too much mass appeal for them to tour with old school legends. That's what I'd prefer, but, but I don't expect most of the audience members to appreciate acts like Slick Rick to take on the first set.  At the same time, any new acts would be a weird mix. While FP's kids have performed, I don't know if they'd be the best fit to open. Plus they don't frequently perform.

I wonder if they'll have VIP meet and greets.  I normally don't purchase over priced merchandise at concerts, but if they come up with something cool, I'd totally do it.  I can't wait for more information.

I'm with you AJ, If there were special meet and greet packages available i would go for it.  This is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity for a lot of us.

Totally. Just take my money, take all of it, I'm in 100%. 

Ive been properly thinking about this tour and it's really crazy. This is Wills first proper tour ever, and he's 47. Just a few years ago we thought he was totally done with music (apart from AJ, he never gave up hope haha). I was just pleading for one song, anything. But a full tour for the first time ever, one of the biggest movie stars ever is touring. I still can't believe it, we are so so lucky. 2016 could be the biggest year ever for us JJFP fans. I would say we've been patient these last 10 years but we haven't really haha, but this is so worth the wait.

Totally. Just take my money, take all of it, I'm in 100%. 

Ive been properly thinking about this tour and it's really crazy. This is Wills first proper tour ever, and he's 47. Just a few years ago we thought he was totally done with music (apart from AJ, he never gave up hope haha). I was just pleading for one song, anything. But a full tour for the first time ever, one of the biggest movie stars ever is touring. I still can't believe it, we are so so lucky. 2016 could be the biggest year ever for us JJFP fans. I would say we've been patient these last 10 years but we haven't really haha, but this is so worth the wait.

​Yeah, really I have to say I'm happily eating my own words. I remember one time deep in the archives of this forum I was exasperated and was ranting something to the effect of "there's no chance. He's commented dismissively about it, he's shooting for an Oscar and therefore has lost all appetite. And AJ was steadfast in the "you never know, he's got it in his blood." Funny enough, Will's performance in Concussion and therefore it's consideration for Oscar season is going to squarely hit the same timing as his return to music. 

....So in a sense, what do I know lol.:lookaround: