JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bomba Estéreo, Will Smith - Fiesta (Remix)[Cover Audio]

Ale

over 500,000 views on youtube in one day for a "classic hip hop" artist is impressive, especially for the fact that he's been away from music for so long...

I totally agree with you guys, it's all an experiment. The music industry has changed so much in 10 years, he's trying to see where he fits in. It seems like most people like Will but not the track. And yeah if it doesn't chart well, it's hard to class it as a flop since he's done a verse on remix of an artist most of us have never heard of. 

AHHHHHHH!!!!

This is awesome. When I saw the post on facebook, I thought it was some kind of "oh here's a song he did ten years ago." Then I reread...and reread. and then listened. And listened again. And then went to his site. Somethings happening. This is amazing.

You guys rock to have this forum still running. So so hyped for more Fresh Prince music. What's interesting is the same type of buzz for this song is the buzz we saw for Switch. I distinctly remember radio hosts saying "this is different and could be hard to put down". The same type of curiosity is playing out now. 

(Side Note: This is my hour and a half delayed response after forgetting my password. Makes me realize that as life changes, and my so much has, the community is a great anchor just to say hi and be back in it all. Hope everyone is doing well!)

I don't really mind either, most of Will's fanbase is grown anyway and besides he's not a preacher, he's human that has faults like everyone else, he ain't trying to be holier than thou

that's right and he said "s***" on "Don't Say Nothin"

"I drop that top notch s*** for you to cop"

Yeah, I really don't care if he curses or not on a track. I understand he's built a rap career on being clean, however, he's cursed before on records. It's really no big deal. Let's just be happy he's back and not nit-pick it :clap:

I hope this time around, he's back musically for a few years. It was rather disappointing last time when he said the rapper lost to the actor and then went on to not release anything new until now. I also hope he takes advantage of the internet and continue to drop new tracks. Keep the listeners focused on you. There's a reason why Drake has been on top of the rap game for the last 6-7 years now. He's always dropping new music. While Drake isn't a movie star, nor does he have a family, that's how he stays relevant in an industry where the attention span lasts all but 30 seconds...lol

He may have cussed on other records, but other than "U Saw My Blinker," it was edited.  I don't care to hear him do it.  It's not that it personally bugs me much, it's that he's spent 30 years saying how truly intelligent people don't use that kind of language to express themselves. It is hypocritical. For those expecting lyrics that can be played in front of the entire family, he is a staple. He's known for that by millions. I don't want to see him throw that away, nor to a I wanna hear an album by the 'Prince that's littered with lazy, common, foul language.  Look at the comments in the news articles, social media, and YouTube, there are a significant amount of people who are quoting his lyrics, his previous interview quotes, and even Eminem's line from "The Real Slim Shady."

• Hero1 featured this topic
  • Admin

Interesting that quite a few people mentioned you saw my blinker in the youtube comments. I've been listening to the track more and more and it is growing on me. I do agree with others in that doing something completely different and dropping it out of nowhere is a great way to test the waters. Judging by the press coverage and over 1 million views in 24 hours Will should be confident there is a huge appetite for him to return to music. This can only increase our confidence he will drop his album this year. The raps from Will are clean and sound great, his voice still sounds fantastic and he raps with great energy. 47? Who cares, it's great to have the fresh prince back on the mic. I can imagine a great video for this song. the music at 2:10 is probably my favourite and it is a great breakdown. I imagine this will be big throughout europe and the clubs, and Will is going to come back with his first official single before christmas. FRESH PRINCE DONT CALL IT A COMEBACK!! Woo! 

Not all of them have been edited AJ.. His adlib of 'Back up B!tc#' is clear for all to hear on 'I Wish I Made That'.

I really don't think it's a big deal. I love the fact that it's causing "controversy" amongst people.. Gets people talking.

Smart move Will ✌️

The odd swear word doesn't bother me at all. I hate it when tracks are littered with it and it gets edited out for radio, it ruins the flow of the song, but this will sound fine. I think if this is the only swear he does its fine, I just hope he doesn't start adding them in every track. He's just talked about being a clean rapper SO much, he's going back on what he's been saying since 1986.