JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bomba Estéreo, Will Smith - Fiesta (Remix)[Cover Audio]

Ale

Yeah I definitely think this track is just the tip of the ice burg. Something is about to go down.

Also Will has just changed his Facebook profile and background pics to more of a "rap" kinda theme. The background pic looks like it's from a new photo shoot. Wills been busy since suicide squad wrapped. Just waiting for this music video now.

this track could be what switch was for lost and found album, there's big things in the works, btw it's my father's birthday on thursday as well, great times ahead!

Oh my god, I can't believe this day is here. I was at work this morning, listening to the He's the DJ.... album (Pump Up The Bass - forgot how much of a banger that was) and I was just thinking like just how good JJ+FP was. An hour later, I see online he spit a verse. While the track isn't exactly what I'm looking for, he's got a good flow and sounds great! I'm so happy he's back! Finally!!!!

i came here to this board to check the news for one of the top things i've done for the past 10 years praying for more music from will, my prayers were answered, FRESH PRINCE is back a week after the pope blessed his hometown Philly on his birthday weekend, AMEN!

:clap:This got me hype. Just earlier today I had a picture snapped of me. I was told to take a picture with something or doing something that represents you. I took a pic with a stack of vinyl on my lap. I pulled the JJ+FP "Ring My Bell" 12" from the stack as the picture was snapped. What else was I going to grab other than a single by my favorite group?

I got home earlier today to see that countless announcements that the Fresh Prince spit a rap on a newly-released remix.  I was already falling in love with Janet Jackson and Joss Stone's new albums, then this.  My favorite emcee of all time, who has kept from releasing anything for 10 years was blasting on my speakers and the hype behind the song is off to a great start.  Many of you were shocked, but I think everyone knows I'm the one who's never doubted he'd be back.  Would it be appropriate to say "I told you so"? :prof:

It may not be a Hip-Hop song.  It may not be his own single, but I really like it.  While it's not my typical taste in music, I find it musically interesting and original.  The 'Prince is comfortable on the track and owns the song as if it were on his own album.  I like a lot of lyrics too.  I like that he's doing something unpredictable and trying something new.  While Julie is the only person who pointed it out, I do find it a little in bad taste that he cussed on the record.  On top of that, it was done in complete vain since doing so added nothing to the rhyme.  While this board isn't chastising him, a lot of people in social media, YouTube, and commenters in the news articles are. He's always carried himself as an artist who doesn't compromise and stood up for the standard of not making his ability to say something by using common language. He's let a few people down.  I hope that isn't a sign that he's going to continue to do so in his future music. Could hanging out with some of these sloppy, careless, commercial rappers be influencing him as an artist?  Probably not, because I can't imagine Drake or Kanye doing a song like this.

For his last few albums, FP has taken an approach to music where his surprises us after years of writing, recording, collaborating, and experimenting.  Before Lost + Found, he did that feature on "Got To Be Real" with Mary J. Blige on the Sharktale soundtrack.  He only lets a song drop if we can expect something the upcoming year.  This is good news.  His recent collaborators are the only thing I'm a little reluctant about. If he has done little to no work with Jeff, I'm a little worried about the direction and sound of the album.  He's more experimental with his films right now, so he likely has the same approach to his music. Experimenting can lead to awesome things, or underwhelming things.  I just don't want a weak album and then have to wait another 10 years for an album.  As Julie pointed out, he changed his pictures on Facebook due to the attention he's getting for music. His profile pic is the one we've seen on his website in recent months. His cover photo is cool, but it looks like Kanye or Jaden dressed him, which is a little weird.  Otherwise, the location and feel of the picture is dope.  It shows he wants focus as an artist rather than a Hollywood star.

Lastly, let's enjoy the fact that internet is buzzing.  People love Will Smith and are gravitated to him.  The attention the song is getting will at least make it a moderate hit.  While I feel that a feature like this would be more valuable after his own single is released, let's embrace it and let him know we're here backing him.  I've already downloaded it from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Fiesta-Remix-Bomba-Estéreo-Smith/dp/B015KQ2B5A/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1443839584&sr=8-13&keywords=bomba+estereo+remix

Yeah a little bit of swearing really doesn't bother me, but I'm not sure what I think since he's always made a big deal about not doing it. I'd like to hear what he has to say about it. 

Ive been reading people's comments on Facebook and they are mixed, some people like it, some don't. I feel like it's not really his track. He only really did a 40 second verse, I think like AJ said. It's a bit like when he did "got to be real". The proper stuff is coming. 

• Members

Just bought and downloaded it from amazon, too. Now I'm hyped to see what else is in the pipe. Still can't believe that the day has finally come! :D

After listening to the song a few times I have to say it's growing on me more and more, even though it's not exactly what I expected. Or especially because it's unexpected. I really really like the fact that it's a song about party and having a good time, it's got the right flow.

Edited by joe1306

this makes me feel like a kid all over again, i'm saying to myself what a year for hip hop and r&b, it's like it's 1993 all over again with albums from public enemy, jodeci, dr. dre, janet jackson, with ll cool j working on his album, and now we have the first rap from fresh prince in 10 years, 2015-16 is shaping out to be the return of the real artists, it makes me wanna keep writing my raps too but it also keeps me tuned in as a true fan of the game!

• Admin

I think Will's rap is fire!! I love it.. I think the actual song is complete garbage.. It's typical EDM with exactly the same beat..same breaks.. that braindead kids on drugs get hype to. It's good to have Will back on the mic tho. Why hasn't he got in the studio with Jeff yet tho?

To be honest this is a clever way to get back into the public eye. If this doesn't become a hit it doesn't matter, if it does then great. But it paves the way for Will to come back with his own stuff and this song can never be classed as a flop. He's testing the water.  The Zane Lowe interview will be big. A lot of questions will be answered. I met Zane Lowe once, he was a big JJFP fan back in the day. He signed something for me saying "See you Live at The Union Square" hehe.

I was thinking a lot of things that most of you are.  This is just a test.  His album isn't likely in place yet at all.  By test the EDM sound, he could be seeing if that's the route he wants to take. He's testing to see how many fans are going to back him this time.  The average person who has heard it thinks it's his song. They don't realize that this is just a feature his has done for another artist.  That's why I feel the experimental feature would have worked better if he already established the direction of the project with his own single or album.  For those who are being more critical against the song, I don't think they'd be that way if we had a Fresh Prince single out there already.  Since this is our first taste of him rhyming on a studio track in 10 years, there's bound to be many people closed-minded to it since it's not a Hip-Hop song.

• Hero1 featured this topic