JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

A TRIBE CALLED QUEST IS REMASTERING AND REISSUING THEIR ALBUMS!!

JumpinJack AJ

A Tribe Called Quest Announce People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm Reissue

The first in a series of reissues

By Jeremy Gordon

on September 22, 2015 at 11:30 a.m. EDT

A Tribe Called Quest Announce People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm Reissue

A Tribe Called Quest have announced plans for a 25th year anniversary reissue of their debut LP, 1990's People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm. It's out on November 13 via Sony Legacy, and will be subsequently followed by reissues of their other albums.

The reissue was remastered from the original tapes by Bob Power (D'Angelo, De La Soul). In addition to the original LP, it features remixes from modern rappers, which will be announced in the coming weeks. Below, you can watch a short trailer for the reissue.

"I had this album in my head for years before I did it," Q-Tip said in a press release. "Looking at it overall, to see the thoughts of a 16 year old gain any kind of acknowledgement makes me feel like I have arrived... But to see it in this incarnation ... I'm humbled."

Update 9/22 12:56 p.m. EST: Ali Shaheed Muhammad has offered his thoughts on the new album in a press release. "This album means a lot," he said. "It was the beginning of our careers; the beginning of our imprint; the beginning of seeing life the way we saw it, and being able to put it down in words and music."

http://pitchfork.com/news/61302-a-tribe-called-quest-announce-peoples-instinctive-travels-and-the-paths-of-rhythm-reissue/

this is something to look forward to, this will give me a way to catch up with all of ATCQ albums too!