JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DJ JAZZY JEFF PRESENTS DAYNE JORDAN - MEMOIRS OF DAYNE JORDAN

"I started a project over 2 years ago with a talented brotha from Philadelphia named Dayne Anthony. This has been 1 of the best times I've had creating the soundtrack to his life's story "The Memoirs of Dayne Jordan". We did this all independent to make sure it was pure and true. Anyone who really knows me knows this has been a dream of mine to be totally independent (Long Story) and I'm extremely proud that we get to share it with the world tomorrow 7/21/15. All we hope is people give it a listen and if you enjoy it...share it with someone else. Thank you for sharing in the journey with us! The Memoirs of Dayne Jordan!!!"

Here it comes, ya'll.

Hello everyone, 

It's been quite some time since I've checked in on you all so I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer.

Thanks for posting this up AJ.

As most of you know, this project started two years ago and really ignited Jeff's love of producing again. I can tell you that he is so proud of the work he and Dayne are putting out and he's excited to keep working on NEW music. Who will that be with? You never know .... :) 

Thank you for all of your support from shows to music, videos to merch. 

We hope you enjoy Memoirs of Dayne Jordan and if you do please SHARE it on media. 

I'm loving the information tease! 

This is definitely something magical...  There is just something about Jeff's prduction sound which is just so soulful..  I love it. Looking forward to the new music as I know it will be special!

The link to listen to the album is: https://soundcloud.com/daynejordan/memoirs-of-dayne-jordan-1 for those who don't have it.

I just got off work and I've been listening to it since I got home.  All I can say at this point is that while I appreciate multiple styles of Hip-Hop, this is the sound I prefer most.  Also, Dayne is the kind of emcee that keeps me hanging on to his next line.  I can't remember the last time I listened to any album like this.

• Admin

I like that it isn't though...it's one of the true albums and we haven't heard one like this in a long time...it's supposed to be listened to from start to finish..that's the experience..that's the story

i agree with that tim, the album is a lost art in music these days but it's something us true heads appreciate

• 4 weeks later...

He released a music video for his track "Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood", OUTSTANDING!