JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Unsung Kid N Play

This is a brand new documentary about Kid N Play. It's really well-produced as Kid N Play talk about growing up, to the music to where they're at now. Personally, they're one of my favorite groups. They were just pure fun hip-hop. All 3.5 (.5 being the House Party 3 soundtrack) were great material. It's a shame the fame got the best of them in the mid-90s but they look good and I'm glad to see them performing together for over the last 5-6 years. I kind of get the feeling that Play is at different point in his life and has totally checked out of hip-hop all together. One thing remains is that they are still funny and clearly have that same chemistry after all these years. Check out this interview from the Unsung Kid N Play premiere. 

and here's the documentary...

thanks jim, i'll check that out later! when it comes to that feel good hip hop music it don't get better than JJFP, Heavy D & The Boyz, Kid N Play, and digital Underground

Thank God I'm off work today, because I watched this the second you posted it.  Kid 'N Play is one of my favorite groups of all time.  Their sound, lyrics, style, comedy, and their vibe was one that was strong with me growing up.  As the documentary states, they are very relate-able.  This documentary was great and crammed a lot of info in 40 minutes.  It moves.  I'm determined to catch one of their shows the next time they are in the area and always keep hope alive for more music.  The song they did with Chubb Rock a few years ago is the last new song I remember from them.  Thanks for posting this!!

I got a chance to watch this last night before I went to bed, this is very well done, it really shows a lot of different aspects into the lives of kid n play