JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WARREN G - REGULATE...THE G FUNK ERA: PART 2 (EP)

Warren G Announces Regulate...G Funk Era Sequel, Featuring Nate Dogg Recordings

Also features Young Jeezy, E-40, Too $hort, and Bun B

By

Jazz Monroe
on July 9, 2015 at 8:48 a.m. EDT

Warren G Announces Regulate...G Funk Era Sequel, Featuring Nate Dogg Recordings

On August 6, Warren G will release the EP Regulate...G Funk Era Part II, the sequel to his 1994 debut. Billboard reports that the EP, Warren G's first project since 2009's The G Files, will feature unreleased recordings by the late Nate Dogg, as well as songs with Young Jeezy, E-40, Too $hort, and Bun B.

Discussing the Nate Dogg songs, Warren G said, "[Fans] have been asking for years; ever since he passed away and even before he passed away, they wanted music from me and him. It was a lot to work on records with one of your buddies, one of your best friends who's not with you anymore."

To promote the EP, he'll play shows at New York City's Highline Ballroom (August 9) and L.A.'s El Rey Theater (August 13).

Read "Gangsta Sermon", Jeff Weiss's 20th anniversary piece on Regulate...G Funk Era.

http://pitchfork.com/news/60310-warren-g-announces-regulateg-funk-era-sequel-featuring-nate-dogg-recordings/

I'm really excited about this.  As long as he makes it a proper sequel by having the sound heavily lean towards the mid-90's classic, I'll be pleased.  Even though I like a few of the guest artists, they are the only thing I'm a little stand-offish about.  Between all of the Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, and other West Coast classics from the early-mid 90's, Warren G's "Regulate...G Funk Era" is probably my favorite album of them all.  I like its production the best and that fact that Warren G didn't really go gangsta with most of his lyrics.  He's much more relate-able than the rest.

He's put out one the songs.  It's good, but it's not on the level of his mid-90's stuff.  If you liked the 213 album they released just over 10 years ago, you'll like this; that's around the time this sounds like it was recorded.

https://bop.fm/z/soundcloud-213978735?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=www.vibe.com

Warren G Debuts “My House” Single With Nate Dogg From ‘Regulate…G Funk Era Pt. II’ EP

News

By: VIBE / July 10, 2015

Warren G is coming back to give fans another dose of G-Funk with the upcoming release of Regulate…G Funk Era Pt. II. The Regulator’s follow up EP to his debut project will drop worldwide on Aug. 6.

“I feel real good that I am getting the chance to let people hear a lot of that sound that has been missing [in] hip-hop,” Warren G told Billboard. “I finally have records that I had in the archives that I put together to let the worldicon1.png hear some of that G Funk that they’ve been missing and wanting to hear for long time.” (via Billboard)

Warren also dropped the first single, “My House,” featuring the late Nate Dogg. Fans can also expect to see E-40, Too $horticon1.png, Young Jeezyicon1.png, Bun B on the project.

http://www.vibe.com/2015/07/warren-g-debuts-my-house-single-with-nate-dogg-from-regulate-g-funk-era-pt-ii-ep/?utm_source=sc-fb&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign=warreng

looking forward to this, warren g is one of my all time favs!

• 1 month later...