JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Public Enemy - Music in our Message

Hero1

• Admin

you know I never listened to this Public Enemy album because everyone said it was so bad.. but I started listening to it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was amazing! I remember I liked give it up when it came out..but this whole album is amazing.. it's funny how when an artist does something different people don't like it.. this is a great hip hop album.. listen to this track and tell me its not great hip hop!

you can't go wrong with public enemy, they're my favorite group besides JJFP as the old timers here know, that's an underrated album!

I've always liked this album, though I every fully pulled it apart.  I'd listen to it frequently, but never fully got to know it.  I never understood why some people didn't consider one of their best.  Perhaps it was ahead of its time?  I felt that it was the first PE album that came out at an age where I could truly appreciate it as a mature music fan.

I still have the "Give It Up" cassette single.  It's probably the most fun PE music video with Chuck D taking the lead.

One of my favorites was "I Stand Accused." I love how they mock the current environment and address The Source giving them a poor review.

I'll definitely listen to this album again soon.