JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Let's Party - Homebase bonus track?

It's the summertime and I've been listening to the Homebase album a lot recently. I was just looking online and I see that on the LP/Cassette version of the album that there's a bonus track called "Let's Party". This is the very first time I'm hearing about this. Does anyone know if this is legit? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebase_(album)

I've never heard anything about this song.  Granted, I haven't dug and researched for new music in recent years since I have almost everything that exists, I'm skeptical.  The only real thing that gives me hope that it exists is that it's listed as a bonus track. Possibly and exclusive or import release.  I just don't see why they wouldn't put it on CD (since it's labeled for cassette and vinyl only).  Later pressings of Homebase had the Mr. Lee Remix of "Ring My Bell" on both cassette and CD.  How dope would it be to hear a piece of Homebase for the first time in 2015?!?!?!

Yeh you always see the first free LP's on vinyl but i havent seen Homebase or Code Red before.

My girlfriend picked me up the first 3 records for my birthday this year. She is a keeper.

I've already done a little bit of research and digging and I can't find anything.  That wikipedia entry is the ONLY thing I can find that references.  The title seems a little vague and generic compared to the other songs.  It'll be a wonderful project for the Summertime.  :)

that why i'm saying there needs to be a mixtape of unreleased JJFP stuff leaked online for the true fans

It's weird how there would even be the duration of the track listed too. Homebase is an amazing album - it's really my goto album during the summer. Trapped on the Dance Floor is such a dope track, love how Jeff spits on it too. I wonder what ever happened to El Sid and Jazz Fresh? Their verses were real impressive.

Back to the topic at hand, we need to ask Jeff if "Let's Party" exists. haha

I already have two Homebase cassettes; one with the Mr. Lee Remix of "Ring My Bell", and the original release without it. The only reason the bonus track would be there was if it were exclusive to a specific retailer, which wasn't as common was it became in the 2000's, or if it were an import release.  I'm still confused why it won't only be on the vinyl and cassette release, but not the CD version. 

Jim, I believe Tim knows a little bit about what happened to Jazz Fresh or El Sid.  I remember us talking about it a few years ago.  it would be dope to hear another piece of this album if it actually exists. 

• Members

Having a look at the Homebase wiki entry history.

Before, "Lets Party" was listed at the same page as "US Hidden Track" but unfortunately it all seems to be fake. Same user IP who in 2008 added "Lets Party" to the tracklisting also added songs called "We Out" and "DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince 4EVER" to the Code Red tracklisting. Im pretty sure it doesnt exist.

whether or not the track exists or not i also have to admit that i'm like jim 'cause when summer comes homebase is a go to album

I'm surprised you found that, Brakes!  I haven't spent proper time searching yet, but searched for a moment I've been on Underground Hip-Hop's mailing list for years.  I'm really skeptical.  The wikipedia listing said it was only on vinyl and cassette and that listing was for a CD.  Also, it lists DJ Jazzy Jeff as the producer of every song, when he didn't produce "Summertime" and "A Dog Is A Dog."  It also says the album was released on Sony rather than Jive.  It also isn't listed as an import or anything like that (which would likely be priced much higher). The only thing that makes it look like it wasn't completely copied form wikipedia is that "Let's Party" is listed as the last track instead of the second to last.

I went ahead and ordered it; it's the only way to find out if it exists.  If I end up out $14 less rich because of it, so be it, but they have a 30 day return policy.  In the special instructions box, I told them to make sure "Let's Party" is on the album, and that if it wasn't, to just refund me and not ship it out.  Hopefully the song does exist and hopefully it's on this album and we'll all have a piece of rare JJ+FP from the 1-9-9-1!!  I'll let you all know how it goes.