JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MARIAH CAREY - #1 To Infinity

Mariah Carey Announces Release Date, Tracklist For '#1 To Infinity'

By Andrew Hampp, New York | April 13, 2015 9:45 AM EDT

mariah carey no 1 album
mariahcarey.com

After releasing the album artwork for Mariah Carey #1 To Infinity, a comprehensive greatest-hits package compiling all 18 of her Billboard No. 1s, Mariah Carey has confirmed its release date.

Due May 18 on Epic Records / Columbia Records/Sony Legacy, Infinity reunites Carey with Epic chairman-CEO Antonio "L.A." Reid, who helped spearhead Carey's mid-2000's comeback with The Emancipation of Mimi as then-chairman of Island Def Jam Records. In addition to Carey's 15 Sony No. 1's and three Universal No. 1's, the album will include one brand-new selection, title track "Infinity." The song will premiere globally on April 27 via all digital services, as well as a video directed by Carey's longtime collaborator Brett Ratner. Carey is also expected to host a kick-off event for her upcoming Caesars Palace residency in Las Vegas on April 27, with more details to be announced shortly.

Mariah Carey Reveals Cover Art for '#1 To Infinity' Album

"I couldn't be more thrilled to be back together again with Mariah," says Reid in a statement. "There is really no one who comes close to Mariah as both a songwriter and a singer, and as the world knows, her vocal range is legendary and truly incomparable.  Her music is indelibly etched into our culture, and she's shattered so many chart records that she's now firmly entrenched in the history books.  With a fierce and loyal fan base that covers every corner of the globe, I have no doubt Mariah will do it again."

Infinity is the first release in a multi-album deal with Epic, which Carey signed earlier this year. Carey will perform all 18 No. 1s for the first time ever as part of her residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, and is expected to pepper fan-favorite album cuts and previously never-performed tracks into each set as well. The first 18 confirmed 2015 performances are May 6, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 20, 23, 24; and July 8, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19, 22, 25, 26. Tickets are available at: thecolosseum.com or axs.com.

Mariah Carey #1 To Infinity Tracklist:

(Includes weeks at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100)

1.  "Vision of Love" (4 weeks, 1990)

2.  "Love Takes Time" (3 weeks, 1990)

3.  "Someday" (MTV Unplugged version) (2 weeks, 1991)

4.  "I Don't Wanna Cry" (2 weeks, 1991)

5.  "Emotions" (3 weeks, 1991)

6.  "I'll Be There" (featuring Trey Lorenz) (2 weeks, 1992)

7.  "Dreamlover" (8 weeks, 1993)

8.  "Hero" (4 weeks, 1993)

9.  "Fantasy" (Bad Boy Fantasy featuring O.D.B.) (8 weeks, 1995)

10.  "One Sweet Day" (featuring Boyz II Men) (16 weeks,1995-1996)

11.  "Always Be My Baby" (2 weeks, 1996)

12.  "Honey" (3 weeks, 1997)

13.  "My All" (1 week, 1998)

14.  "Heartbreaker" (featuring Jay-Z) (2 weeks, 1999)

15.  "Thank God I Found You" (featuring Joe & 98 Degrees) (1 week, 2000)

16.  "We Belong Together" (14 weeks, 2005)

17.  "Don't Forget About Us" (2 weeks, 2005)

18.  "Touch My Body" (2 weeks, 2008)

19.  "Infinity" (2015)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/6531609/mariah-carey-release-date-tracklist-1-to-infinity

My heart broke when Mariah's last album didn't sell well.  To me, it was her best album since The Emancipation of Mimi, which was her best album since Butterfly.  It has a perfect mix of R&B, Soul, and Hip-Hop with pop sensibilities to it. It even had a club song and a gospel song.  Classic Mariah.  I don't think the explicit lyrics sticker helped because no one things of Mariah have having that sticker on her albums.  If you haven't checked that album and have been pleased with most of her previous stuff, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Anyways, the this tracklisting is a little risky.  All the die-hard fans have all of these songs but the new one.  Her 1998 #1's album had most of these songs on it with 4 new song or alternate versions. She also released two double disc Greatest Hits and Essentials albums, so this doesn't have much to offer.  I love her as a singer/songwriter, so I'll still get the album instead of just downloading the new song.  "Someday" is one of my all time favs. It's the song that made me fall in love with her.  I'm kinda annoyed that they put the inferior version from her MTV Unplugged performance.

She's catching heat for the album cover since she's photo shopped. Part of me says thinks "get over it, critics." Another part of me thinks "Mariah, you've had twins and you're not 20 anymore. We understand."

Anyway, are there any Mariah fans left on the board?  Thoughts on her last album and/or this new collection?

well AJ if you saw my post of the best albums of 2014 i listed her album as one of the best, i've been in love with her and her music since i was a kid in the '90s, I really think that she could revitalise her career with all this recent news