JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will on new Kanye Album "So Help Me God"

Like Jim said, we can't forget the Yeezus let down. There was lots of talk that FP was on that album.  FP doesn't really do guest spots.  After all these years, he'd done less than 10.  Would Kanye really have someone who's not a common-minded commercial artist on his record?  On top of that, FP doesn't let his music leak, so if this song is in Kanye's hands, it likely WILL be leaked.

At the same time, we know they've worked together. If Kanye has become of fan of his like he has Jay-Z's, he'll do whatever he can to involve him.  Plus, if it's the last song on the record, it's likely the song holds some weight in terms of the sound and subject matter, which is the ONLY way I could see FP being cool with it coming out.  Other than seeing "Ft. Will Smith," the whole things does look legit.

Lastly, let's remember that it's April Fools.

• Members

That's true but it would be a smart move. Will haven't made any music in 10 years now and his last 2-3 movies were mediocre or bad. It would bring his name back in the music-biz and set a good platform for an upcoming album. The track gotta be fire though

• Admin

The guy that leaked this news also leaked Kanye's original adidas shoe design and then turned out to be 100% accurate.. I think it is legit. Also someone on twitter was saying Kanye & Will have been meeting to plan Will's comeback.. Will finishes filming Suicide Squad end of August. I think after that he will begin working on music again.

I don't mind hearing my favorite emcee on a Kanye song...I just don't want Kanye working on his music.  The whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Unless Kanye revisits principles of earlier production, I'm struggling to see how he can provide the right sound.

• Members

I think your favorite emcee should be artist enough to know how his new album should sound. I'm not a Kanye fan but he's a very good producer. How good or bad the product is, depends on the artist and we all know that Will isn't jumping on any train just to make a successful album.

Agreed.  Their styles are values are so different that it's incredibly hard to predict what could come of it.  You have one of the best loved entertainers working with one of the most hated.  It's just weird.  I'm optimistic, but I can't help but continue asking "Will, did you hear that Dayne Jordan album?  Why work with anyone other than the man who established your foundation as an entertainer?"