JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

RIHANNA WANTS HER NEXT ALBUM TO BE "TIMELESS"

Rihanna On New Album: It Will Be 'Timeless'

By Jocelyn Vena | March 17, 2015 8:37 AM EDT

Rihanna

Rihanna officially kicked off her next album cycle with the release of her Kanye West and Paul McCartney collaboration "FourFiveSeconds" back in January. With fans anxiously waiting for more details about the singer's forthcoming eighth studio album, she shared that the release will be a departure from what anyone might be expecting.

"I've made a lot of songs that are just really, really big songs. From the jump, they just blow up," she told MTV about the album. "And I wanted to kind of get back to - not that they weren't real music, but I just wanted to focus on things that felt real, that felt soulful, that felt forever."

Rihanna further noted that the release will have a "timeless" vibe to it.

"I wanted songs that I could perform in 15 years; I wanted an album that I could perform in 15 years," she said. "Not any songs that were burnt out. I find that when I get on stage now, I don't want to perform a lot of my songs because they don't feel like me. So I want to make songs that are timeless."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6502357/rihanna-on-new-album-it-will-be-timeless

I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO SEE WHAT MY FUTURE WIFE'S GONNA DO NEXT, HAHA

I just wanna say that this is what I was hoping from her.  I love her first three albums.  Once the drama started, big dance singles overtook her career, though there are still some good songs throughout her albums.  She pumped out at least one album a year until she took this break.  I'm looking forward to more substantial lyrics and more musical production.  I can't say that her current single is a perfect example, as Kanye West only takes away from the song, but I'm hopefully this album is everything it could be, and that her fame helps continue music's shift back to a better place.