JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Update: No New DMX Album Yet But He's Recording

bigted

It's nice to see real hip hop artists like DMX come back to the game like this, another album to look forward to this year:

http://allhiphop.com/2015/01/06/dmx-redemption-of-the-beast-album-release-date-tracklist/

I saw this earlier and wanted to share it. I'm pretty excited...hopefully the album isn't riddled with weak production, which has been the downfall of a couple of his albums. For those of you like me who don't like clicking likes, here's the article...

DMX Will Release ‘Redemption Of The Beast’ Album Next Week

Jan 6th, '15 • by Morgan Murrell

dmx-redemption-of-the-beast.jpg

After releasing his seventh studio album Undisputed back in 2012, DMX is ready to shake things up again with his forthcoming album Redemption of the Beast. The Yonkers rapper is planning on releasing an album through iTunes on Jan. 13. Based on tracklist provided by MissInfo, the project will feature 16 never-before-heard tracks, as well as, guest collaborations from Freeway, Rampage and Jannyce.

Back in September, DMX and fellow Ruff Ryder Swizz Beatz were pictured in the studio together which had media outlets wondering what the two were cooking up. Many believed a Ruff Ryders collaborative album was in the works, but this might have been the project he was working on the entire time.

Check out the official tracklist below:

1. Spit That ****
2. Built Like a Bitch
3. On and On
4. Get Up and Try Again
5. Solid (feat. Rampage)
6. I’m Gonna Win
7. It’s a Problem
8. It’s Goin’ Down
9. Shout It
10. One More Night
11. 56 Bars
12. Where You Been (feat. Freeway)
13. Right or Wrong (feat. Jannyce)
14. Gonna Get Mine
15. We Gonna Make It
16. Love That Bitch (feat. Jannyce)

dmx always comes with that gritty, street wise, and heartfelt lyrics! i agree with you though about how the last couple albums weren't as successful 'cause production wasn't as strong as his classics but i like how he went back with swizz beatz to rekindle that magic again to give us fans what we want, i'm really excited about this!

I'm skeptical about Swizz Beats. Other than It's Dark and Hell Is Hot, I never been a big fan of his work. I don't follow his stuff closely, but I don't think I've heard a beat from him that I've liked since the early 2000's. Hopefully he provided him with a proper sound. Lyrically, DMX has stayed consistent, he's just now always picky about the beats he chooses.

Update (Dec. 7, 12:20 a.m.): A representative of DMX’s camp told XXL that the MC has nothing to do with Redemption Of The Beast. Swizz Beatz and the Dark Man X himself took to Instagram to state the same thing.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2015/01/dmx-will-release-redemption-beast-next-week/

swizz beatz denied the dmx album rumors but said album's coming soon, so we'll see, let's be patient..

http://www.vibe.com/swizz-beatz-dmx-album-rumor

DMX's camp shut it down too....

DMX Has Nothing To Do WIth ‘Redemption Of The Beast’ Album

Jan 7th, '15 • by Emmanuel C.M.

dmx-redemption-of-the-beast-1.jpg

Well this is awkward.

Yesterday (Jan. 6) the internet went on fire when news broke that DMX is making his return to hip-hop and dropping a new album on Jan. 13. On Amazon, Redemption Of The Beast was spotted, a

16-track LP with guest collaborations from Freeway, Rampage and Jannyce. X and fellow Ruff Ryder Swizz Beatz were pictured in the studio together back in September 2014, which left hip-hop fanatics clamoring for a new project.

But hold your horses folks because Dark Man X has nothing to do with this project. A rep from the Yonkers MC’s camp has confirmed with XXL exclusively that they have no involvement with Redemption Of The Beast. They are not the only ones calling out the project. Swizz Beatz and DMX himself took to Instagram to put a stop to the lies (see below).

Even though this is disappointing news, you have to be happy with the fact that Swizz did say that Ruff Ryders’ head honcho is working on a new project. Let’s hope it drops in 2015.

For those who don't wanna click the link on the article 10 Prince posted....

DMX "Redemption Of The Beast" Album Legitimate, Seven Arts Entertainment CEO Says

by Jay Balfour

posted Thursday January 08, 2015 at 06:20PM PST | 5 comments

DMX_List-304-300x300.jpg

DMX says "that's all stolen music," but the label CEO releases a statement claiming they bought the masters in 2012.

While both Swizz Beatz and DMX himself have disputed the authenticity of a recently announced album set to be released in his name, the CEO of Seven Arts Entertainment has released a statement claiming that the album is the second to be built from "52 masters acquired by Seven Arts from DMX and his producers in 2012."

"DMX and his team fully cooperated on the production of this album," the statement continues. "Redemption of the Beast was the second album planned for release with DMX in September of 2012, following the release of Undisputed. These new masters represent the best of this legendary artist and offer production by some of the best in the industry. All fans are invited to listen to the music, which is the real thing, the ‘rough and ready’ of DMX. The music and artistry speaks for itself.”

Earlier today, a publicist for the emcee released a statement in which DMX said, "that's all stolen music."

“I spoke to DMX today and he was unaware of the upcoming announcement of the Redemption Of The Beast album," Domenick Nati of Nati Celebrity Services wrote. "When I read him the projected track list of songs to be released X said, ‘that’s all stolen music.’ DMX and myself are highly disappointed that trust was broken and that these songs may be released and sold without X’s knowledge or consent. DMX and Swizz Beatz are working on an album together and fans should look to their official social media accounts for accurate information.”

Redemption of the Beast is now the second bungled release from DMX's label signing and his latest statements come almost exactly three years after he expressed initial apprehension regarding his deal with United Media & Music Group, a label connected to Seven Arts on previous deals. In the midst of dealing with a series of release date woes he blamed on the label in early 2012, DMX told Billboard that "it's only one album though" after speaking harshly about UMMG specifically.

"The fact that [the label] chose to tell me that makes me reconsider whether or not I made the right decision to **** with them," he said of a release date announcement for his Undisputed album that year. "It's only one album, though. It'll be what it is. But I think [it will come out] second quarter, definitely."

Expanding on his rift with the label, X said, "It's like, what the ****, man? Do what you say you're gonna do—do me like you would do any other artist. Like, damn, stick to the ****in' script, you know? Mean what you say. You don't gotta lie to me."

Earlier this week, Swizz Beatz took to Instagram to speak out against the release.

"I see a lot of people hitting me about this album!!!" he wrote. "I can tell you 100% this is not the album X and I are working on!!!! (I feel like Timbo with the Aaliyah movie rite now) SMH !!!!!!

I hate when stuff like this happens. As a fan, I will get it, unless I preview it and it's garbage. I wonder why they waited so long to release this stuff. Maybe because he hasn't had bad press in awhile. They've just been sitting on this music. Even if he doesn't want it released, I trust DMX will be getting some money out of it. This could service as a "mixtape" that could give him some good hype. However, if it didn't end up on his last album, the material may not be the best.

Regardless, a little controversy like this never hurt sales. :) This is the best promotion the album can get without a big budget.

i'll buy it too out of respect fo dmx, i have his cds and mixtapes...

EDIT from what i heard on the snippets, this is gonna be good:

http://youtu.be/jvm5Ea5sZ-g

Edited by bigted