JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye West Feat. Paul Mccartney "Only One"

bigted

This song gives me the chills, probably Kanye's realest since "Jesus Walks"!! check it for yourself:

The video has been removed. I saw that the song had come out but never gave it a listen simply because of one fact (okay, it's really my opinion): Kanye simply doesn't make good music anymore. Secondly (and this is a fact): he's an absolute douche bag, with a horrible voice, who hasn't written a good lyric in at least 6 or 7 years. I'll give it a listen the next time I come across the track since you give it praise...but I'm not going out of my way to look for it...lol.

You can listen to the song here:

http://www.hiphopearly.com/Kanye-West-ft-Paul-McCartney-Only-One-t26684.html

Actually I didn't like his last album "Yeezus", the production was kinda weird but "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" (album came out in 2010) was hella good and I think he could come back with some nice stuff if he doesn't experiment too much... that song here sounds a little bit like what he did on "808s & Heartbreak"... singing with some autotune! Paul McCartney just plays the keyboard, you don't hear him on the track!

I recently listened to the song. I like a lot of the lyrics, which is something I don't think I said for a Kanye song in 6 years or so. I'd really like this song if a qualified singer was singing it. The autotune kills the honestly of it and cheapens the whole thing. His singing is simply terrible and distracts the track from having the potential of greatness with him on the mic. I suggest giving the song to someone like Jason Mraz, because the song has potential.

Also, JJ Boogie, who plays guitar in Arrested Development, and who is a musical genius said "Just heard the new Kanye song featuring Paul McCartney on keys. There's so much audible Autotune on Kanye's voice to get his bad notes he sang into key that he should have just hired Paul to sing it and have himself play the MPC sampling Paul's keyboard. Nice message but a painfully mediocre song." LOL

well i appreciate that kanye's trying to come with something more real than what he's done on the most part in the last 7 to 10 years, we need some sort of a postiive message in mainstream rap