JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

• Members

This is interesting:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124067

To be honest, I am definitely tired of these "attached" "in negotiations" stories regarding Will. There have been so many great projects that he was at one point supposed to do like EMPIRE with Michael Mann, THE AMERICAN CAN with Ed Zwick and now I hear that the rumoured assasin movie THE ACCOUNTANT was offered to Ben Affleck. Great projects that would surely revive his (let's be honest) worsening career.

Now if this goes through it would be fun to see him tackle sth like that but I fear it wall all die down soon like all those other projects. Have you also noticed that usually whenever Will does a movie he is the only BIG name in it. Look at I, ROBOT, I AM LEGEND, FOCUS, AFTER EARTH, PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS, SEVEN POUNDS - it's almost as if he doesn't want to star opposite other big stars. Now he would be acting opposite Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling - slim chances of that happening.

Still, cool bit of info to talk about, right guys? :)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I am definitely tired of these "attached" "in negotiations" stories regarding Will. There have been so many great projects that he was at one point supposed to do like EMPIRE with Michael Mann, THE AMERICAN CAN with Ed Zwick and now I hear that the rumoured assasin movie THE ACCOUNTANT was offered to Ben Affleck. Great projects that would surely revive his (let's be honest) worsening career.

I know what you mean, K, but his next movie, 'Concussion', sounds like a great project for his career too (maybe Oscar-worthy), and by the look of the 'Focus' trailer it seems that he's gonna make people forget that his last movie was 'After Earth' (hopefully). I was really excited about that 'Empire' project. Shame there hasn't been more news since it was announced.

And on Will not wanting to star opposite other big actors, I think that's true. He has rejected many great roles because of that. I can't complain about 'Pursuit Of Happynes'' and 'I Am Legend' though. Those movies were awesome for me.

• Members

Oh yeah, definitely CONCUSSION seems like a step in the right direction.

And I also think that him shying away from projects with other big names hasn't stopped me from loving the movies he did. I too find I AM LEGEND and PURSUIT to be fantastic movies with great, nuanced performances from Smith.

I just remember a time when he was 30 and it looked as though we have found the next great actor that will leave a legendary career behind him. Now I'm not so sure and it's because of the choices he makes.

I don't think "Smith's" (are we not calling him Will anymore?) career is really worsening. The simple fact is that he has only starred in 2 movies since Seven Pounds in 2008. It's 2014. That's 2 movies in 6 years. From everything I've seen and heard, it seems that he decided to take a step back and relax/focus on his family. It's one of the reasons we got After Earth. It could certainly seem that his career is in the doldrums, but that's largely a function of the lack of movies... and from all appearances, it seems that the hiatus is over.

Concerning the Suicide Squad, I'd be interesting to see who they'd actually want him to play. The only black, male characters that are or have been members are Bronze Tiger, Black Manta and Black Spider. Apart from the ridiculously stereotypical names, they are all extremely minor characters in the DC Universe and on the Suicide Squad. It would certainly be interesting to see Will in one of these roles, but it wouldn't make sense for him to be a background character as these have historically been. I wouldn't pay to see that movie if he's nothing more than a supporting character there to say a few lines and then die... (yeah, did I mention that the bad guys on the suicide squad are generally expendable except for the big name villains?)

• Members

Dammit Ale, do not give me false hope with this "closed to signing" stuff ... I mustn't give into my geekboy fantasies ... the pain of Edgar Wright leaving ANT-MAN is still too strong for me to let my guard down :)

F**k me, it would be amazing if Will and Tom appeared in this together :)

Edited by Mr K

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK.. I said nothing..
Will will play Deadshot, best known as a Batman villain.
The movie has a release date of Aug. 5, 2016.
YAY! :party0009:
Edited by Ale

Whats happening to his status? Havent been following him lately or seen him in anything. Has his stock dropped ?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/official-suicide-squad-star-will-753470

Will will play Deadshot, best known as a Batman villain.

The movie has a release date of Aug. 5, 2016.

YAY! :party0009:

Edited by Typhoon20

• Hero1 featured this topic