JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J To Release New CD "GOAT 2"

bigted

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, GOAT 2 is going to have a different flava. He talks about it in recent interviews. Nearly none of the songs off Authentic would make the cut for what he's aiming for with GOAT 2. He did switch up the tracklisting for Authentic after he pushed it back, but he's been hitting the studio heavily for this new material.

I've been listening to this LL interview tonite and he said that he's dissapointed about how Will Smith has abandoned hip hop music for Hollywood, he says that's the difference between Will and him is that he could never leave hip hop no matter how much in Hollywood that he does and I gotta say that I agree with him on that, Will talked about how much he loved hip hop when he released Lost and Found but then 9 years later there's no album and he can't even do a tour with Jeff, y'all know I'm one of Will's biggest fans but I'm dissapointed in him too

I know how you feel, I think the same way.

LL needs to shoot more music videos for this album to be successful, what held Authentic back from being successful was that the bonus song Take It was the only song with a music video which is a shame 'cause there's a few songs on that album that coulda been big hits

Here's an inciteful article on GOAT2:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1165698

LL just dropped a couple of verses on a remix of Tinashe's (R&B's sexiest legit newcomer) "2 On." While it's lyrically nothing groundbreaking, it's dope and something to nod your head to in the car. Plus, the reworking of Dr. Dre's "G Thang " sounds NICE!

that's the song i posted AJ but yeah it's a good head nodding track, perfect for the end of summer, it ain't his greatest but he's just getting warmed up like he's been saying, i have a great feeling about this album, btw he said on twitter that his the hustler video is his best in his career, that says a lot!

the new hustler video is a CLASSIC, it got that grimy east coast feel to it,check it at worldstarhiphop.com today!

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh4450RR62pOX4Mqoc

Edited by bigted

The video is okay but nothing special to me... the song is horrible, especially the hook made me feel that there's runnin some blood out of my ears!

What's LLs intention behind all those auto tune and other voice effects? Doesn't match at all... he also should pick some different beats!

I have a baaad feeling about this album... at least he should get a new title, so that nobody compares it to the first one!

the video got over 1 million views in it's first half day of release so obviously he musta done something right