JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ale

This touches on the Chris Benoit story from 2007. Concussion's can lead to terrible things. There is a reason the WWE have taken any shots to the head. out of their shows now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

So the movie is called Concussion. Filming begins late October for a 3-4 month shoot. It also stars Alec Baldwin and Paul Reiser. The guy who wrote and will direct this is a pretty interesting person. He's spent a lot of time in war torn countries as a journalist.

• Members

I'm thinking they will release it towards the end of next year during the Oscar season. I'm actually excited about this project. I'm just worried about the director. The reviews for his previous movie (Parkland) clearly stated that it was the writing/directing aspect that failed that movie the most.

• Admin

a bit about Peter Landesman (the writer/director) from IMDB:

Raised in and around New York, Peter Landesman began his film and TV career after starting as an award-winning painter and novelist, and investigative journalist for the New York Time Magazine, Atlantic Monthly, New Yorker and others. As a journalist, Landesman covered the conflicts in Rwanda, Kosovo and Afghanistan/Pakistan after 9/11. He came to specialize in x-raying the anatomy of trafficking networks that moved sex slaves, weapons, stolen and forged art and antiquities, drugs, refugees. And the intersection of those networks with organized crime here in the U.S. and abroad.

Landesman wrote and directed the feature, Parkland, and wrote the feature, Kill the Messenger. He is now writing to direct features for producers Ridley Scott and Scott Stuber, and writing and producing multiple TV projects, including a limited series on the Jewish Wars of 60AD and the Roman siege against the last of the Jewish rebels on the fortress mountaintop of Masada.

This movie's getting a large cast!
-----
Gugu Mbatha-Raw:
On Sunday, she'll join Will Smith in Pittsburgh to shoot a still untitled drama that takes a look at the head injuries suffered by NFL players. "I have yet to go to a football game," said Mbatha-Raw. "I'm so excited to see my first one."
Edited by Ale